Re: Time to finish RedyCode 1.0

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
ne1uno said...
ryanj said...

... i will be working on a new project: creating a new programming language based on Euphoria syntax.

make sure it is able to self host. that is, it should be written as much as possible in it's own language or a restricted subset which is easily buildable with existing tools.

a large percentage of real or imagined euphoria problems are related to interfacing with other languages and libraries and the difficulty of the euphoria building and maintaining. adding new users might boil down to how fast they think your language can solve their problems on their terms.

http://colinm.org/language_checklist.html

Good point. and interesting checklist. I will keep that in mind. The first stage will be written in euphoria. It will probably be somewhat slow, with the focus being on easy design experimentation and proof of concept. Once the design is settled, i'll figure out how to make it self-hosting.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu