Re: The Future of Euphoria

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jimcbrown said...
irv said...

Before we ask permission to back them up here, perhaps we should find someone here who has the time and the interest?

First someone should ask Rob. The last time, the answer was a firm NO:

http://openeuphoria.org/forum/m/126500.wc

First of all, /forum/m/126500.wc is a different topic, and the only part of that post slightly relavant to now is when i said:

katsmeow said...

I suggested user archives on openeuphoria.org for libs and apps donated, which run on OE and not RDS's versions. This was roundly shot down as politically slapping Robert Craig in the face. I still support it,

And then jimcbrown reported his memory, not a quote from RobC saying "NO":

jimcbrown said...

Well, it was Rob who shot it down. Jeremy was the first one who proposed this IIRC, back in 2008 or so, with the new forum, only to be told no. (The exchange was between a member of RDS and Jeremy, iirc. The rest of the dev team wasn't involved.)

For RDS to accept source code that doesn't run on RDS's Euphoria, and then not allowing it to be posted elsewhere, would be like posting PHP there and RDS suing for it then being posted on a PHP site. Would RDS have an archive of code, written by other people, labeled "Code Which Does Not, And Never Will, Run On Euphoria", and copyright those? I think it would be like IBM copyrighting all computer code written since 1971 as being derivative of the 4004 cpu.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu