Re: The Future of Euphoria

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
petelomax said...

I would be interested, and quite possibly prepared to host a few (thousand) files, but would need some help.

This is just an FYI.

The last time i backed up my version of the RDS archives was November 2010, at which point it occupied (still does, actually) 1.8 GB of hdd space.

Total number of uncompressed files is 24,232, in 2,690 folders, occupying 982 MB of hdd space.

To save search time, i parsed and made indexes of everything that might be a "word" (function names, var names, etc etc, authors names, and their comments). The index files occupy 955 MB of hdd space and total file count is 190,303 in 2,392 folders.

Naturally, you can pile all the little files into one big file. I deleted all the code i had written for searching, compiling the results, and formatting the display results in various colors. I demo'd it worked July 2008 in #euphoria.

Someone edited this post without my permission.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu