Re: Phix 0.7.2 released

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
PhixWebpage said...

Latest version: 0.7.2 Release date: 10th February 2017 Status: IUP now works on Linux.

Source code: Incuded. No other tools are required to modify and rebuild Phix.

On Linux simply unpack either of the above to $HOME/phix

Regarding the one line of Linux instructions, I think Pete might have meant "unpack both of the above to $HOME/phix. At any rate that is what I did on my Ubuntu 16.04 LNX 64-bit system.

ken@ken-desktop:~/phix$ ls 
bench          Listdir.bat  pcore.e     pe32.fmt   p.exw       phix         pltype.e  profile.e  ptok.e      test 
builtins       Listdir.reg  pcross.ico  peama.ew   p.fmt       phixzip.bat  pmain.e   psched.e   pttree.e 
copyright.txt  ok.ico       pdebug.e    pEmit2.e   pgets0.ew   pilasm.e     pmsgs.e   psym.e     pw.exe 
demo           p2asm.e      pdemo.exw   pemit.e    pglobals.e  pilx86.e     pops.e    pth.exw    readme.txt 
docs           pbinary.e    pdiag.e     perror.ew  pgui.exw    plist.e      ppw.bat   ptick.ico  sfx 

I made phix and pw.exe executable files. My attempts to execute them failed:

ken@ken-desktop:~/phix$ ./phix 
-bash: ./phix: No such file or directory 
ken@ken-desktop:~/phix$ ./pw.exe 
-bash: ./pw.exe: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error 
ken@ken-desktop:~/phix$  

I suspected that the download files were windows specific and that I might have to recompile for Linux. I was encouraged by the bold assertions:

PhixWebPage said...

No other tools are required to modify and rebuild Phix... To recompile Phix itself, simply run "p -cp"."

No Joy:

ken@ken-desktop:~/phix$ p -cp 
p: command not found 
ken@ken-desktop:~/phix$ ./p -cp 
-bash: ./p: No such file or directory 
ken@ken-desktop:~/phix$  

I suspect that a Linux installation requires more than simply unpacking files into to $HOME/phix.

Regards,
Ken Rhodes

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu