Phix 0.7.1 released.

new topic     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

I think it is time to give up on is-great.org, so I've set up a new site: http://phix.x10.mx

Many fixes for win64, though opengl is still broken (needs mods to pcfunc)

IUP on Linux is looking much better!
Still no proper installation instructions, but demo/pGUI/lnx/installation.txt is a start

need work on lnx:
There seem to be problems with database.e on linux, so I have added constant DB_BROKEN = (platform()=LINUX) to pdemo.exw as a temporary measure. (Although demo/db01.exw seems to be fine...)
For some reason ./phix demo/pGUI/cdtest.exw works fine, but not when run from pdemo...
demo/color.exw displays the Windows colour names instead of Linux ones, but otherwise seems fine.
demo/pGUI/filedump.exw on Linux does not display the details of the tab just selected but the previous one.
demo/pGUI/imgdsp.exw fails (here) with a libpng incompatibility, ditto listview:

libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.5.7 
    libpng warning: Application  is  running with png.c from libpng-1.2.46 
    libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application and library 
demo/pGUI/gears.exw just about works (sigsegs on close).
In fact, many demos fail to shut down properly (on Linux), and sit there chewing 100% cpu.
(Replacing sys_brk with libc/malloc solved many problems, so maybe replacing sys_exit with libc/exit will too.)
Other opengl demos need glu, which I'm evidently missing, so I'm done with all of that (opengl) for now.
Threads and critical sections are not working right on Linux - no shock there, but don't expect a quick fix.
Edix is even less stable on Linux than it is on Windows! (as with filedump, tab handling is my prime suspect)
On Linux, I am thinking of permanently dropping support for save_text_image, display_text_image, get_screen_char, put_screen_char, scroll, and get_position. Then again I may need said for trace(), which I have not attempted on Linux.
Note that ptok.e is still using getenv("HOME")&"/phix/" to locate files in Linux.

My immediate plans are:
fix win64/opengl
continue work on Edix

Pete

new topic     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu