Re: OpenEuphoria community proposal

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
katsmeow said...

Ryan, i laud your ideas, but sadly, some have been proposed before, and rejected.

Hmm. I don't recall a single one of ryanj's ideas being proposed before, let alone being rejected.

katsmeow said...

If you were to write an article extolling the benefits of Eu vs any other language, what is there to talk about except sequences and binding? Tossing "speed" into the bragging is a red herring, it doesn't matter how fast a language is if it doesn't have the features one needs.

This is a good point. Still, I think there are other plusses to talk about in comparision, such as the benefits of using the new stdlib. Tom has already worked on similar documentation for Eu in the past.

katsmeow said...

I suggested user archives on openeuphoria.org for libs and apps donated, which run on OE and not RDS's versions. This was roundly shot down as politically slapping Robert Craig in the face. I still support it,

Well, it was Rob who shot it down. Jeremy was the first one who proposed this IIRC, back in 2008 or so, with the new forum, only to be told no. (The exchange was between a member of RDS and Jeremy, iirc. The rest of the dev team wasn't involved.)

katsmeow said...

as i support a link here to point over to RDS.

I see what ryanj is proposing as different. A project page for win32lib (for example) would look more like a wikipedia entry than the short blurb and download for the archives.

Also, not every contribution to the archive is necessarily the result of the formation of a project team. (Of course, one can have one-person project teams. Whether or not a project team, and thus a project, exists is in the eyes of the authors.) Thus, not every contribution would necessarily have a project page. The reverse is also true - some project teams might have their own website and offer their own downloads, but choose not to submit it to the archives.

Thus, while some overlap might exist, this is something new and different from the user archives at RDS.

katsmeow said...

Adding pictures and video could be helpful to the articles pages. There is a difference between new.e distributed by EO devs and the version which actually uses tasks and runs totally asynchronously, and it seems i cannot tell anyone using words.

If sharing pictures and videos can help you articulate that better, I have no objection to it.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu