Re: Off Topic: English Grammar, Spelling, colloquialisms, etc.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
eukat said...

Actually, if i may nitpick,

This is acceptable to me.

eukat said...

i meant "Let's see you have the guts to do it.", without the "if". To me, the "if" implies determining only if the "guts to do it" exist, whereas leaving out the "if" implies following thru (through) with the detonation.

Ok, so "Let's see if you have the guts to do it." is the same as "Let us see whether or not you are brave enough to do it."

On the other hand, "Let's see you have the guts to do it." is the same as "Let us see not only whether or not you are brave enough to do it, but whether or not you actually carry it out."

I wouldn't have been able to see the implication without having it pointed out explicitly.

eukat said...

I was rather upset. I did typo the "let's", leaving out the "'", i wasn't bothering to go back and correct it.

That's what I thought. I believe that you and the original poster and I can use our time more efficiently than rereading all of our posts and trying to correct every single typo in them. My posts alone would probably take a massive effort to bring up to shape.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu