Re: Off Topic: English Grammar, Spelling, colloquialisms, etc.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jaygade said...

"Monetary" is misspelled.

I usually pronounce "your" and "you're" the same. Not always, but usually. And even though I know the difference, I sometimes make a mistake and use the shorter version when my thoughts outrace my fingers.

I also pronounce "cot" and "caught" the same. Mostly. And "marry" and "merry". And lots of others where English speakers from other countries might notice more of a difference.

Attacking someone's spelling or grammar mistake on the internet, unless it's especially egregious and cannot be interpreted, is usually the hallmark of a person who has no legitimate argument.

That's a bit like calling a suicide bomber a coward. Lets see you have the guts to do it. But now that i know wynco is choosing to write and speak incorrectly, it would be appropriate for me to withdraw my congratulations to him on being able to write working software.

useless

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu