1. What's to become of the Forum?

What's to become of the forum?

Honestly, who cares? It's become the playpen for a couple of infants. People interested in programming have to go elsewhere.

So, for all of you who are offended when people fail to recognize your good ideas, who don't have the social skills to convince them that they are wrong, and are vindictive enough to want to ruin things for everyone else, congratulations, you have (finally) succeeded at something.

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: What's to become of the Forum?

The existing code of conduct was produced when I did a "cut and paste" from codes I found on the internet.

Here is another "cut and paste" code from www.trueos.org/rulesofconduct/

We believe code is truly agnostic and embrace inclusiveness regardless of a person’s individual beliefs. As such we only ask the following when participating in TrueOS public events and digital forums: 

* Treat each other with respect and professionalism. 
* Leave personal and TrueOS unrelated conversations to other channels. 

In other words, it’s all about the code. Users who feel the above rules have been violated in some way can register a complaint with abuse@trueos.org 

Lets try this code:

1. play nice
  2. its all about OE and Phix

Regardless of which "code" you choose it is obvious that the Forum is being abused.

Everyone is welcome to use the Forum for Euphoria related topics; just stay true to the purpose of the Forum.

_tom

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: What's to become of the Forum?

_tom said...

The existing code of conduct was produced when I did a "cut and paste" from codes I found on the internet.

Here is another "cut and paste" code from www.trueos.org/rulesofconduct/

We believe code is truly agnostic and embrace inclusiveness regardless of a person’s individual beliefs. As such we only ask the following when participating in TrueOS public events and digital forums: 

* Treat each other with respect and professionalism. 
* Leave personal and TrueOS unrelated conversations to other channels. 

In other words, it’s all about the code. Users who feel the above rules have been violated in some way can register a complaint with abuse@trueos.org 

Lets try this code:

1. play nice
  2. its all about OE and Phix

Regardless of which "code" you choose it is obvious that the Forum is being abused.

Everyone is welcome to use the Forum for Euphoria related topics; just stay true to the purpose of the Forum.

_tom

i am not long here - but this is the picture one has to get.

it's awful. can't that move to facebook, twitter or somewhere else?

4. Re: What's to become of the Forum?

I thought that this forum was about programming and the euphoria language...

Proper use of punctuation and personal rants don't really have a place here. What happened to the idea of having moderators to police the posts?

regards,
jd

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu