1. deleted posts again?

Could someone undelete the threads that I started?

No one ever copped up to doing the deed. It was done anonymously. No reason was given. That's not very transparent.

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: deleted posts again?

bern said...

No one ever copped up to doing the deed. It was done anonymously. No reason was given. That's not very transparent.

Please stop cluttering up the forum with your inane whining. If you keep this up, I will ban you.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: deleted posts again?

bern said...

euphoric did this, and it was explained in your ban message, which you can see here: http://openeuphoria.org/wiki/view/forum-user-id-bern-edit.wc

euphoric said...

continues to post off-topic complaints that should go to admin email

In my view, the automated system met the transparency guidelines.

apeto1 said...

I have noticed just now that I had been unbanned.

That was me. I considered the one post, http://openeuphoria.org/forum/m/131883.wc , not serious enough to warrant a permanent ban.

I also unbanned bern at the same time, because I was taken in and believed bern to be you.

apeto1 said...

I would like to add an apology of my own. At the time I wrote on the previous thread, I honestly believed that jimcbrown was the one who told me

After seeing the way jimcbrown writes, and seeing bern's pathetic attempts to impersonate me, I now realize that I was wrong.

Apology accepted.

euphoric said...

Please stop cluttering up the forum with your inane whining. If you keep this up, I will ban you.

Agreed. I am considering a new ban anyways, this time a permanent one.

Evidence suggests that bern is attempting to impersonate apeto1 (and doing a bad job of it).

apeto1 said...

I am not bern. I don't know who bern is.

bern said...

No, I am apeto1. We are the same person.

From http://openeuphoria.org/forum/m/131951.wc

There's also evidence to suggest that bern tried to impersonate me, perhaps more successfully:

apeto1 said...

I now think bern was the one told me that.

with apeto1 referring to this post: http://openeuphoria.org/forum/m/131883.wc

katsmeow said...

_tom, perhaps the procedures for management of the admin@ need changing. Since that mailbox seems to be for the sole use of the webpage administration, which is you, i would vote the whole ball of wax be handed to you.

Fine by me, assuming _tom is willing to accept the job.

katsmeow said...

I mean, does everything about OE need to be managed by iamlost?

Actually, ChrisB currently has responsibility for the mailbox in question (and had it at the time you tried to contact us). He said he fixed the problem that caused us to fail to see your messages on time.

4. Re: deleted posts again?

euphoric said...

You can't ban me. I'm Kat. You're not allowed to ban me because I'm Kat, so there.

5. Re: deleted posts again?

I am not bern, bern is not me. I am not apeto1, apeto1 is not me.

bern, this is not helpful to either one of us, or to this forum or language.

I understand your frustration, for real, those who went off on screaming rants against me on the olde listserv became admins here, and the best of coders left (a couple of them even died). This is not a site you will get justice. It's elementary school politics. You cannot change it, they don't want to improve the situation.

If you want to code in Euphoria or OE or Phix, just keep your mouth shut, and keep an eye open for the rare nugget someone drops (nugget value will vary depending on who is looking at it). Don't propose, suggest, or ask about anything.

I sent another email about it to openeuphoria@gmail.com and looks like no one noticed (again).

6. Re: deleted posts again?

katsmeow said...

This is not a site you will get justice.

I am going to change that.

7. Re: deleted posts again?

bern said...

You can't ban me. I'm Kat. You're not allowed to ban me because I'm Kat, so there.

katsmeow said...

I am not bern, bern is not me. I am not apeto1, apeto1 is not me.

That's the last straw. bern is now permanently banned.

katsmeow said...

I sent another email about it to openeuphoria@gmail.com and looks like no one noticed (again).

I just manually checked. I think my previous post (which was posted after you sent the email) at http://openeuphoria.org/forum/m/131965.wc addresses 3). I'll ask ChrisB to look into why forwarding is not working, but I will point out that bern did not attempt to send the admins any email about this.

8. Re: deleted posts again?

bern said...
euphoric said...

I'm sorry but I have to say that I feel a permanent ban just for this feels like it is going too far.

I am no fan of bern, but it is obvious that bern is being sarcastic. OP is not really trying to impersonate Kat.

Perhaps a temporary ban, for two or three weeks, would be more just.

Discuss.

9. Re: deleted posts again?

Please list contributions that bern has made to Euphoria.

So far, all I've seen has been a six-year-old having a tantrum.

Show us the code!

Just to make it perfectly clear, the title of this forum is OpenEuphoria, not whiney-baby forum.

As far as I'm concerned, any poster who cannot post a question or answer about Euphoria, or programming in general, should be on probation until he or she can.

People who only want to disrupt things are too juvenile to have anything worthwhile to contribute.

10. Re: deleted posts again?

irv said...

Show us the code!

Just to make it perfectly clear, the title of this forum is OpenEuphoria, not whiney-baby forum.

As far as I'm concerned, any poster who cannot post a question or answer about Euphoria, or programming in general, should be on probation until he or she can.

People who only want to disrupt things are too juvenile to have anything worthwhile to contribute.

Well said, Irv!

Regards, Ken Rhodes

11. Re: deleted posts again?

irv said...

Show us the code!

Put bern on probation then. A permanent ban is going too far. bern was never given a chance to contribute anything.

12. Re: deleted posts again?

One of my posts was deleted.

http://openeuphoria.org/euweb.cgi?module=forum&action=deleted_message&id=132178

I never received an email or an explanation by other means as to why it was deleted. I would like to know which rules I have broken so I can avoid making the same mistake again.

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu