1. why has Kat been permanently banned from this forum?

I am a long time lurker and I have recently discovered that Kat has been banned from this forum. I see no mention of this happening anywhere on this website. I strongly oppose the ban and I want to know why she's banned.

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: why has Kat been permanently banned from this forum?

apeto1 said...

I am a long time lurker and I have recently discovered that Kat has been banned from this forum. I see no mention of this happening anywhere on this website. I strongly oppose the ban and I want to know why she's banned.

Kat is not banned from this forum.

_tom

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: why has Kat been permanently banned from this forum?

apeto1 said...

I am a long time lurker and I have recently discovered that Kat has been banned from this forum.

Where did you "discover" this?

4. Re: why has Kat been permanently banned from this forum?

apeto1 said...

HUH? Kat is not banned. Why on earth did you think that?

5. Re: why has Kat been permanently banned from this forum?

DerekParnell said...

Maybe, Kat is not banned, but she just can not revalidate her account?

Regards

kinz

6. Re: why has Kat been permanently banned from this forum?

kinz said...
DerekParnell said...

Maybe, Kat is not banned, but she just can not revalidate her account?

Regards

kinz

I don't care what name you call it. A spade is a spade. Kat has been excluded from participating on this forum and no one has given a reason for it. Just a bunch of denials.

As to where and why, I heard it straight from the horse's mouth.

7. Re: why has Kat been permanently banned from this forum?

Monty Python said...

An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says.

Oh no it isn't!

8. Re: why has Kat been permanently banned from this forum?

apeto1 said...

Kat has been excluded from participating on this forum and no one has given a reason for it. Just a bunch of denials.

As to where and why, I heard it straight from the horse's mouth.

The Recent Users list shows "katsmeow" as of 26 seconds ago (as of this post).

She's not banned and hasn't been, from what I can tell. So, that horse is mistaken. blink

9. Re: why has Kat been permanently banned from this forum?

apeto1 said...

I would like to know why i was banned too.

I do not know who apeto1 is, i have not discussed this place in a kindly manner with anyone since early 2016, and nine months ago i had removed all Euphoria from this computer.

I didn't think i was banned. I thought i had just allowed my account to expire and be taken down in the Great Unilateral Draconian Measure of 2016. I asked Ryan, and admin and developer here, to reassure you i was gone by mutual agreement. But he wouldn't. So i tried to log in, after some 9 months of being blissfully away from this .... place. To make it short, my "user type" was blank, being logged i was no different than not. Sending three emails to openeuphoria@gmail.com got me nothing, even mentioning _tom, jim, and euphoric in one of the emails. I guess they preferred not allowing me to rejoin, or someone deleted all my email before they were forwarded, or maybe all three of those admin, and all linked to "all_admin", simply didn't check their email the last four days.

So apeto1, i wasn't banned, but i was not going to be allowed to post. Chances are, this post will be held in moderation and edited before it is posted to forum, because that is how things are.

10. Re: why has Kat been permanently banned from this forum?

katsmeow said...

i wasn't banned.

Uh. What? X)

katsmeow said...

Sending three emails to openeuphoria@gmail.com got me nothing, even mentioning _tom, jim, and euphoric in one of the emails.

I never saw those, kat, so I'm not sure what happened.

katsmeow said...

I guess they preferred not allowing me to rejoin, or someone deleted all my email before they were forwarded, or maybe all three of those admin, and all linked to "all_admin", simply didn't check their email the last four days.

Did someone recently reactivate your account?

katsmeow said...

Chances are, this post will be held in moderation and edited before it is posted to forum, because that is how things are.

I guess you were wrong. X)

11. Re: why has Kat been permanently banned from this forum?

euphoric said...
katsmeow said...

i wasn't banned.

Uh. What? X)

Maybe i wasn't on a ban list, but there were enough hurdles that had to be effectively a ban. Which is why i put "banned" in italics. Hurdles that any admin could have put in place, or removed.

euphoric said...
katsmeow said...

Sending three emails to openeuphoria@gmail.com got me nothing, even mentioning _tom, jim, and euphoric in one of the emails.

I never saw those, kat, so I'm not sure what happened.

It's just one of those hurdles i mentioned.

euphoric said...

I am not sure what you are asking me.

12. Re: why has Kat been permanently banned from this forum?

katsmeow said...
euphoric said...

I am not sure what you are asking me.

You said you sent emails within the last four days. Has someone reactivated your account within that time, or was it never actually deactivated?

I mean... You're posting here... So you obviously aren't banned at the moment. Are you saying you haven't been able to post here for a while? But you also say you didn't want to post here.

So why are you even here?

13. Re: why has Kat been permanently banned from this forum?

euphoric said...

That was me, most likely. I discovered that Kat's account had zero user types and I guessed that was stopping the normal buttons appearing on the form.

So I just added the standard user type and now it appears to be working.

14. Re: why has Kat been permanently banned from this forum?

euphoric said...

Thanks for your usual warm welcome, Kim. It's incredible the amount of circular "discussions" that happen here, and only with me.

katsmeow said...

I asked Ryan, and admin and developer here, to reassure you i was gone by mutual agreement. But he wouldn't. So i tried to log in,

(where the preceeding "you" means "apeto1")

15. Re: why has Kat been permanently banned from this forum?

DerekParnell said...
euphoric said...

That was me, most likely. I discovered that Kat's account had zero user types and I guessed that was stopping the normal buttons appearing on the form.

So I just added the standard user type and now it appears to be working.

So, it doesn't look like there was any ill-will or nefarious blocking. That's good.

16. Re: why has Kat been permanently banned from this forum?

katsmeow said...
euphoric said...

Thanks for your usual warm welcome, Kim. It's incredible the amount of circular "discussions" that happen here, and only with me.

It wasn't cold. I had never (of course) heard that you had willingly abandoned the forum, so I was curious why all-of-a-sudden you were back and not talking about Euphoria.

katsmeow said...

I asked Ryan, and admin and developer here, to reassure you i was gone by mutual agreement. But he wouldn't. So i tried to log in,

(where the preceeding "you" means "apeto1")

Well, I'm glad everything was cleared up.

17. Re: why has Kat been permanently banned from this forum?

jimcbrown was the one who said that Kat had been permanently banned. To quote, "Kat will get unbanned over my dead body!"

18. Re: why has Kat been permanently banned from this forum?

Hi

Can we close a thread to any furher replies - this serves no purpose except for promoting acrimony.

Cheers

Chris

19. Re: why has Kat been permanently banned from this forum?

apeto1 said...

jimcbrown was the one who said that Kat had been permanently banned. To quote, "Kat will get unbanned over my dead body!"

Well, then he probably had a good reason. I trust him to maintain the peace and dignity of this forum, as does the rest of the Euphoria community.

However, since he hasn't said anything about it publicly, I'll defer to his future comments. grin

20. Re: why has Kat been permanently banned from this forum?

ChrisB said...

Hi

Can we close a thread to any furher replies - this serves no purpose except for promoting acrimony.

Cheers

Chris

The problem needs to be resolved. We can't have hysterical and/or misinformed people coming to the forum and saying someone has been banned because an admin supposedly said, "Over my dead body."

We need to find out the truth here.

However, I'm willing to have the entire thread deleted, if all are agreed.

21. Re: why has Kat been permanently banned from this forum?

ChrisB said...

Hi

I must disagree, the acrimony has existed nearly 20 years now, led by jimcbrowne and euphoric. Whoever apeto1 is, he's documenting a long-standing feud against me. Jimcbrown did seek to ban me, this was a stated goal, and he effectively did, even with no "ban list". Euphoric's calmest tactic is more passive aggressive, prompting more replies from me so he as berate me for posts not about Euphoria, as he has done in this very thread.

22. Re: why has Kat been permanently banned from this forum?

katsmeow said...

I must disagree, the acrimony has existed nearly 20 years now, led by jimcbrowne and euphoric.

I have only ever desired to defend this forum against your seemingly insane ramblings and complaints. I was always happy to see a productive collaboration between you and the community, but your paranoia prevented any such productivity, unfortunately. From what I've ever seen, you're a great and competent coder, but you don't take criticism well. You could have contributed greatly to this community, but there's something off kilter in you that makes you unable to participate at length in a mature and productive way.

katsmeow said...

Whoever apeto1 is, he's documenting a long-standing feud against me.

There is no, and never has been, a "feud against" you. It is your inability to behave maturely in a group that is the cause of your problems.

katsmeow said...

Euphoric's calmest tactic is more passive aggressive, prompting more replies from me so he as berate me for posts not about Euphoria, as he has done in this very thread.

You have to admit, it's hard to fathom why you would willingly abandon the forum, then question why you've been banned. Why would you care? You and apeto1 are just drumming up drama, again, which is detrimental to this forum and community.

23. Re: why has Kat been permanently banned from this forum?

I submit that CK has once again violated this forum's Terms Of Conduct by his huge dump of negative personal terms against me. I ask he be relived of admin status and put on posting probation.

24. Re: why has Kat been permanently banned from this forum?

It looks like jimcbrown has been approprately collared and Kat unbanned, so I am satisfied. Hopefully jimcbrown will also get demoted and replaced by Kat as an admin.

25. Re: why has Kat been permanently banned from this forum?

ChrisB said...

The forum software does not really support this option. However, I shall look into making a special case specifically for this thread.

euphoric said...

The problem needs to be resolved.

We need to find out the truth here.

Agreed, so I will add one last post here to act as a summary and resolve as many unanswered questions as possible before locking the thread.

katsmeow said...

I didn't think i was banned. I thought i had just allowed my account to expire and be taken down in the Great Unilateral Draconian Measure of 2016.

I looked into this and determined that this is indeed what happened.

katsmeow said...

I asked Ryan, and admin and developer here, to reassure you i was gone by mutual agreement.

If there was any such agreement, I was not knowingly a party to it. As far as I can tell (and without reference to the reasons behind your decision to do so) you simply stopped logging into your account here.

katsmeow said...

I looked into this and found two of them in the spam folder. I guess in that case the forwarding feature doesn't work. (The third was probably automatically deleted from the spam folder before I got a chance to look at it).

euphoric said...

So, it doesn't look like there was any ill-will or nefarious blocking.

Nope, not as far as I know.

katsmeow said...

I submit that CK has once again violated this forum's Terms Of Conduct by his huge dump of negative personal terms against me. I ask he be relived of admin status and put on posting probation.

After carefully reviewing euphoric's comments, I do not see any use of "negative personal terms" or any disrespectful comments. With the exception of those made by apeto1, I do not believe that any post of this thread has violated the TOC.

If you disagree, please email the comments to the "contact admins" email address, emphasising exactly which words you think were disrespectful and why. DO NOT post them on this forum, as in the event that you are correct and the admins agree, your own post containing the reproduced comments would then also violate the TOC (potentially leading to sanctions against your account).

katsmeow said...

the acrimony has existed nearly 20 years now, led by jimcbrowne

I haven't even been around that long. Maybe 15, but even less than that if you take into account the long period that I was away.

katsmeow said...

Jimcbrown did seek to ban me,

I deny this.

katsmeow said...

this was a stated goal,

I deny stating it.

katsmeow said...

and he effectively did, even with no "ban list".

Your account's de-validation was incidental and was not targeted at you.

apeto1 said...

I categorically deny that!

I have never communicated with apeto1 before, I never said to anyone that Kat had been permanently banned, and I certainly never said that quote.

In fact, my understanding was that unofficial policy is that Kat should never be banned, for any reason.

apeto1 said...

Hopefully jimcbrown will also get demoted and replaced by Kat as an admin.

Can't comment on Kat being an admin, but my demotion does not yet appear to be on the cards.

euphoric said...

We can't have hysterical and/or misinformed people coming to the forum and saying someone has been banned because an admin supposedly said, "Over my dead body."

Agreed. That's why, in addition to locking this thread, I've taken the liberty of banning apeto1. (An actual ban on an actual ban list, mind you.)

apeto1 said...

It looks like jimcbrown has been approprately collared

Uh, no.

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu