1. Running old 32bit code in Win64

So, I've been out of the game for a while, other than lurking here. Decided to play around with some of my old OpenGL programs that I ported from C/C++ on the old nehe.gamedev.net website. Not too surprisingly, they don't work. Mostly, they just quietly die somewhere in the ExCreateWindow routine.

Not sure if some constants in WinUser.h or other file may be differently defined for the two platforms, or maybe it has something to do with pointer sizes? I really don't have a clue. Is anyone able to give me one?

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Running old 32bit code in Win64

evanmars said...

Not sure if some constants in WinUser.h or other file may be differently defined for the two platforms, or maybe it has something to do with pointer sizes? I really don't have a clue. Is anyone able to give me one?

I'm gonna guess it's to do with pointer sizes. Win32Lib has the same problem. My advice would be to just install 32-bit Euphoria on your 64-bit system, or set up multiple Euphoria environments.

-Greg

P.S. Thanks, by the way, for an opportunity to plug usingeuphoria.com blink

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Running old 32bit code in Win64

Thanks, that may be the way I'll go.

and you're welcome!

EDIT: Your article on setting up multiple Eu environments worked great. Thanks again.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu