1. Assertion failed! Microsoft C++ Runtime Library

I'm experiencing a crash during the running of a program. It's a wxEuphoria project.

The dialog pops up after I click a button.

Title: Microsoft C++ Runtime Library 

Body: Assertion failed! 

Program: ... 
File: be_alloc.c 
Line: 818 

Expression: size >= 0 

Does anybody know how to fix this?

Thank you!

Edit: I've got a hint that it might have something to do with a proxy server. My program reaches out over the 'net, so when it hits something it doesn't understand, it's apparently crashing. There has to be something I can do about this in my Euphoria code.

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Assertion failed! Microsoft C++ Runtime Library

euphoric said...

I'm experiencing a crash during the running of a program. It's a wxEuphoria project.

The dialog pops up after I click a button.

Title: Microsoft C++ Runtime Library 

Body: Assertion failed! 

Program: ... 
File: be_alloc.c 
Line: 818 

Expression: size >= 0 

Does anybody know how to fix this?

Thank you!

Edit: I've got a hint that it might have something to do with a proxy server. My program reaches out over the 'net, so when it hits something it doesn't understand, it's apparently crashing. There has to be something I can do about this in my Euphoria code.

Interesting. Can you isolate the code at all to determine which function is throwing the exception? I might be able patch it and get you another custom build.

Edit: looks like it's this call to NewS1() in the interpreter that's crashing. Note the size >= 0 assertion on line 825 which is approximately where your exception is reporting.

So, this may be a Euphoria bug instead. Which version of Euphoria are you using? interpreted? bound? compiled?

BTW, I'm still working on the new version of wxEuphoria. I just haven't committed anything to Github in a while. I'm hoping to have beta release out by the one-year mark.

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Assertion failed! Microsoft C++ Runtime Library

ghaberek said...

Interesting. Can you isolate the code at all to determine which function is throwing the exception? I might be able patch it and get you another custom build.

Edit: looks like it's this call to NewS1() in the interpreter that's crashing. Note the size >= 0 assertion on line 825 which is approximately where your exception is reporting.

So, this may be a Euphoria bug instead. Which version of Euphoria are you using? interpreted? bound? compiled?

BTW, I'm still working on the new version of wxEuphoria. I just haven't committed anything to Github in a while. I'm hoping to have beta release out by the one-year mark.

With that particular error, I haven't been able to pinpoint where it's crashing. I'm not as skilled in that regard as some of you guys! smile

The weird thing is, it works on MOST of the PCs that run it, but some (recently) are starting to have this problem. I'm wondering if something changed in Windows since the last time I compiled this code.

I can make all the code available to you, if you think that would help, but it would have to be off-site.

Looks like I'm using Euphoria 4.0.5, revision date 2012-10-11.

Should I update?!

4. Re: Assertion failed! Microsoft C++ Runtime Library

euphoric said...

With that particular error, I haven't been able to pinpoint where it's crashing. I'm not as skilled in that regard as some of you guys! smile

I think the first step is to see if you can reliably reproduce the problem. Which button press triggers the problem? How are you performing the networking parts? (raw Eu sockets, Eu HTTP, wxNet calls?) There's going to be a point at which your code leaves off an the internals of the interpreter take over, which then crashes. I'd just like to know what the last call in your code is before that happens.

euphoric said...

The weird thing is, it works on MOST of the PCs that run it, but some (recently) are starting to have this problem. I'm wondering if something changed in Windows since the last time I compiled this code.

It's entirely possible that the version of the C++ Runtime Library has changed on some of these machines via Automatic Updates. I would cross-check them against each other to eliminate that as a possible cause.

euphoric said...

I can make all the code available to you, if you think that would help, but it would have to be off-site.

Let's cross that bridge if we get to it.

euphoric said...

Looks like I'm using Euphoria 4.0.5, revision date 2012-10-11.

Should I update?!

I would maybe try using a build of 4.1.0 to see if that helps, but only if you can actively reproduce the problem.

http://openeuphoria.org/news/332.wc

-Greg

5. Re: Assertion failed! Microsoft C++ Runtime Library

ghaberek said...

I would maybe try using a build of 4.1.0 to see if that helps, but only if you can actively reproduce the problem.

http://openeuphoria.org/news/332.wc

Greg, why did you link me to that source for 4.1.0, instead of the downloads tab? (I just don't know what the difference is.)

6. Re: Assertion failed! Microsoft C++ Runtime Library

euphoric said...

Greg, why did you link me to that source for 4.1.0, instead of the downloads tab? (I just don't know what the difference is.)

Because it claimed to be a recent build of 4.1.0 but after testing it I realized that it's using the same revision id so it's probably the same thing. Just use the version from the Downloads page.

$ /usr/local/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/bin/eui -v 
Euphoria Interpreter v4.1.0 development 
   64-bit Linux, Using System Memory 
   Revision Date: 2015-02-02 14:18:53, Id: 5861:57179171dbed 

$ /home/greg/Downloads/ubins-4.1.0-Linux-x64/bin/eui -v 
Euphoria Interpreter v4.1.0 development 
   64-bit Linux, Using System Memory 
   Revision Date: 2015-02-02 14:18:53, Id: 5861:57179171dbed 

-Greg

Search

Quick Links