1. OpenEuphoria and the tests?

I fixed the test fail in t_declasgn_wrning.e by adding two more test_equals because they are in the warning.lst file generated by t_declasgn.e

I feel like test t_warning.e will be the same way.

My question is :

With so many platforms, architectures and compilers, does openeuphoria produce the same warnings on all, all the time?

Do the tests keep up with code changes like 4.0.5 to 4.1.0?

That only leaves me t_callc.e, t_literals.e and t_socket.e failing some tests.

I think t_literals.e is related to t_callc.e by MATH or assembly registers:

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: OpenEuphoria and the tests?

agrellum said...

I fixed the test fail in t_declasgn_wrning.e by adding two more test_equals because they are in the warning.lst file generated by t_declasgn.e

I do not see such a change. Do you think you could put your changes in a paste bin, so it can be incorporated? I am not sure how you fixed these tests.

agrellum said...

With so many platforms, architectures and compilers, does openeuphoria produce the same warnings on all, all the time?

They are supposed to.

said...

Do the tests keep up with code changes like 4.0.5 to 4.1.0?

No. The tests and the code and library code go into the same development branch. So, if a test changes between 4.0.5 and 4.0.6, the test will be as it was when you revert your code snapshot to 4.0.4. The design is tests written for 4.0 gets merged into 4.1. Tests that do not apply to 4.0 are put into 4.1 directly.

said...

That only leaves me t_callc.e, t_literals.e and t_socket.e failing some tests.

I think t_literals.e is related to t_callc.e by MATH or assembly registers:

Is this the same problem I remember looking at where the difference between values computed on Sun and Intel chips differ by the least significant bit in some cases? I guess t_callc.e could give you an error because of these differences in math. Are we talking about the same kind of difference?

SD Pringle

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: OpenEuphoria and the tests?

Patch for t_declasgn_wrning.e at least on SunOS. Will post about t_callc.e in another thread because bug should may not difference per OS. AMD64 Chip.

--- ~/open_euphoria/euphoria/tests/t_declasgn_wrning.e	Fri Sep 22 15:42:54 2017 
+++ ~/open_euphoria_sun/euphoria/tests/t_declasgn_wrning.e	Mon Oct  9 11:06:56 2017 
@@ -19,7 +19,9 @@ 
 		end if 

test_equal("with warning += #3","Warning { not_used }:\n", gets(fn)) 
-		test_equal("with warning += #4","\t<0229>:: t_declasgn.e - module variable 'n0' is not used\n", gets(fn)) 
+		test_equal("with warning += #4","\t<0228>:: t_declasgn.e - module constant 'cmd' is not used\n", gets(fn)) 
+		test_equal("with warning += #5","Warning { not_used }:\n", gets(fn)) 
+		test_equal("with warning += #6","\t<0229>:: t_declasgn.e - module variable 'n0' is not used\n", gets(fn)) 
 		test_equal("with warning -=", -1, gets(fn)) 

close(fn) 

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu