1. Phix news

Just thought I might try and lift spirits a bit.

The next release of Phix will allow the following handy little thing:

{string name, integer id} = rhs 

Which declares and assigns two new variables (of different types, obviously) on-the-fly.

There will also be a new regex engine and json module (both already available via bitbucket).

I have also just finished exception handling (try/catch) on the internal version, eg:

try 
    integer i = 1/0 
catch e 
    printf(1,"%s (%s line %d)\n",{e[E_USER],e[E_FILE],e[E_LINE]}) 
end try 
puts(1,"Yes, I'm still running...\n") 

Output:

attempt to divide by 0 (test.exw line 2) 
Yes, I'm still running... 

That message you are seeing has in fact been sent via the new builtin throw().

Must now knuckle down to lnx64 testing (including testing the above), which is the big barrier to a new release.

Pete

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Phix news

I've also updated the online manual: http://phix.x10.mx/docs/html/try.htm

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Phix news

Sounds good! I should definitely find some time to learn how it works and see how i could get RedyCode to run on it and be able to build applications with Phix. I was speed-reading the Phix docs and noticed there are a few subtle differences i'll have to add to the syntax highlighter. I've been keeping my eye on this project from a distance, but i think it's time to take a serious look at it. smile

4. Re: Phix news

ryanj said...

Sounds good! I should definitely find some time to learn how it works and see how i could get RedyCode to run on it and be able to build applications with Phix. I was speed-reading the Phix docs and noticed there are a few subtle differences i'll have to add to the syntax highlighter. I've been keeping my eye on this project from a distance, but i think it's time to take a serious look at it. smile

Thanks. Let me know what road-blocks you hit, and don't forget what I said here.

Pete

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu