1. Phix : registry access

Hi

Here's a funny one for you Pete.

Using the registry wrappers for registry access by Davi Tassinari de Figueiredo, eu 4.xx can access the registry, both read, write and key creation / deletion just fine.

However running the wrappers with Phix (on windws 8.1 64 bit), and the registry cannot be read or written to. The programs run, with no other error reporting apart from the refusal of the registry to allow itself to be read or written to. Even when I reduce UAE to least restrictive. If there was registry key security then surely eu would not allow read / write access either. Phix on a wndows 7 machine seems to be allowing access just as expected.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Chris

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Phix : registry access

I'll have to investigate this.

It might be a mishandling of some of those fixed constants, maybe say HKEY_CURRENT_USER = #80000001 is suffering some kind of fistp overflow and that way being effectively (and quietly) treated as #80000000, that might explain it. You might find that HKEY_CURRENT_USER = -1073741823 suddenly works, but that's a bit hopeful.

Pete

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Phix : registry access

Actually, can you post a snippet that does not work, as it seems ok here - then again I have recently (over the last 2 or 3 weeks) been playing a bit with fild/fistp in the backend, so I might have somehow solved it accidentally.

Pete

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu