1. SQlite wrapper

Most of the links does not work any more in http://openeuphoria.org/wiki/view/eusqliteinstall.wc

Where are the wrapper for version 3 now ?

Are diffenrent as for version 2 ?

Menno .

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: SQlite wrapper

Sorry, another thing to update, will get on to it, sometime....

Anyway, rapideuphoria's archive has been update for some time now, so get all the files from here.

https://app.box.com/s/8bhn6iqw5o6a4wx30xhtycvfpohunrqe

Sqlite2 is available, but no longer supported. Sqlite2 database cannot be read by sqlite3, and if you have sqlite 2 databases, you will need to read them with sqlite2, and re write them with sqlite3.

Cheers

Chris

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: SQlite wrapper

Part of the problem with wrapping SQLite3 is that it requires C_LONGLONG and C_ULONGLONG 64-bit types, which are only included in 4.1. getlost

That's not to say that it requires 64-bit Euphoria; SQLite comes in 32-bit and 64-bit builds.

-Greg

4. Re: SQlite wrapper

Hi

Yes, I've found that I can't get 64 bit eu to work with the sqlite3 dll supplied, so, at the moment, if you want to use sqlite3, then you should use 32 bit eu, and a 32 bit dll.

Also, to date, I've not been able to get eu 4.1 to work with sqlite3, only 4.05. I have my suspicions that eu 4.05 was compiled with Open Watcom, but 4.1 is compiled with Mingw (correct me if I'm wrong), and that therein lies the problem. In any case there is enough of a difference between 4.05 and 4.1 to stop it using the sqlite3 dll.

Cheers

Chris

5. Re: SQlite wrapper

Hi

Also, this is not an Euphoria exclusive problem - I've just started experimenting with Lazarus and sqlite, and the same 32 bit / 64 bit mismatch keeps cropping up on their forums too.

Chris

6. Re: SQlite wrapper

ChrisB said...

Also, to date, I've not been able to get eu 4.1 to work with sqlite3, only 4.05. I have my suspicions that eu 4.05 was compiled with Open Watcom, but 4.1 is compiled with Mingw (correct me if I'm wrong), and that therein lies the problem. In any case there is enough of a difference between 4.05 and 4.1 to stop it using the sqlite3 dll.

I wonder if this is still valid today. I had no problem testing the demos with following version of EU 4.1.0 32-bit

Euphoria Interpreter v4.1.0 development 
   32-bit Windows, Using System Memory 
   Revision Date: 2015-02-13 18:10:12, Id: 6318:1c30095180a0 
PS C:\WinApps\euphoria32\bin> 

This may be because this version uses memstruct (All-in-One).

Jean-Marc

7. Re: SQlite wrapper

Hi

It worked in both versions, 4.05 and 4.1, after I'd prefixed the function calls with '+' It may not make sense, but it worked.

Chris

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu