1. tinewg and modified Designer

Hallo,

I have used tinewg for some projects in the last 2 years. I also released some (more or less fun programs, like eueyes)

I still use the Designer and tinewg, for my own use.

if there is any interest, in tinewg and the Designer. Than i will build a new setup program.

The target is only Win32 and Eu4.0.x

So if anyone likes to have a new Designer/tinewg he/she should say it now.

Creating a new setup is just work for me. And I'am lazy.

If there is no feedback, i just do what i have done before ( use it for myself and release if i like).

Andreas

[edit] i only asked becouse:
I had removed tinewg from the wiki http://openeuphoria.org/wiki/view/Starting%20Euphoria%20Gui%20Programming.wc?rev=5

and someone else put it on again.

http://openeuphoria.org/wiki/view/Starting%20Euphoria%20Gui%20Programming.wc?rev=8

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: tinewg and modified Designer

andi49 said...

if there is any interest, in tinewg and the Designer. Than i will build a new setup program.

The target is only Win32 and Eu4.0.x

So if anyone likes to have a new Designer/tinewg he/she should say it now.

Just to let you know, I am currently shipping a slightly modified version of tinewg that runs on Phix, and half a dozen demos, hope that's alright. I haven't got the designer to work on Phix, yet.

There's certainly an elegance about it that I quite like, and hopefully I'll find some time reasonably soon to put in a bit more effort experimenting with it.

andi49 said...

Creating a new setup is just work for me. And I'am lazy.

If there is no feedback, i just do what i have done before ( use it for myself and release if i like).

Fine by me, I have no need for a new setup just yet, for much the same reasons.

andi49 said...

I had removed tinewg from the wiki and someone else put it on again.

It wasn't me.

Pete

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: tinewg and modified Designer

Hi

I like quick and simple, and that is definitely what tinewg is, so yes, keep it going, I will still use it.

Chris

4. Re: tinewg and modified Designer

Hallo

petelomax said...

Just to let you know, I am currently shipping a slightly modified version of tinewg that runs on Phix, and half a dozen demos, hope that's alright. I haven't got the designer to work on Phix, yet.

No problem, i will give it a try myself. I never ever thought about testing it with Phix ... :)

petelomax said...

It wasn't me.

Pete

ROFL
https://vimeo.com/65974727

Andreas

5. Re: tinewg and modified Designer

ChrisB said...

Hi

I like quick and simple, and that is definitely what tinewg is, so yes, keep it going, I will still use it.

Chris

Thank you,

tinewg as a wrapper is not the real problem. But keeping the Designer (the Setup Program) working (means testing from WinXP to Win10) is not possible for me.

Say i still try to test tinewg.exw (not even the Designer) with:

Eu4.0.5 (the stable release from 2012)
Eu4.0.6 (from the repo)
Eu4.0.6 (from the repo but with modified rc-file for Win Vista to Win10)
Eu4.1 (32bit tip)
Eu4.1 (32bit memstructs)

i allready stopped testing for compatibility with EuWinGui

but there are still tests for WinXp to Win10. (minimum test is, does it report the correct OperatingSystem, and does it work like expected)

And as you see the userbase is really small blink

Just like this song 'a touch to much' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0Sx9pqLL8w

Andreas

6. Re: tinewg and modified Designer

Hi

I appreciate the amount of work involved for all the different operating systems, and to be honest I would just write it for yourself, support what you have done as you can, and if other people want to use it for other operating systems, then support what you can, but without allowing expectations of it being utterly supported for everything. It is great as it is, and works on whatever I have put it on, so don't worry about not being able to support it.

It does what it does without any pretensions to being all singing and all dancing. Perfick.

Chris

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu