1. Windows 7 Premium vs Windows 7 Profesdsional revisited

Windows 7 Premium vs Windows 7 Profesdsional revisited

Greg asked me about my Environmental Veriables.

ghaberek said...

This is a case of solving the problem rather than answering the question. Let's examine the situation at hand: why are your system and xcopy not working for you?

I will tell you from experience that Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise, and Ultimate, or even Server 2008 R2 Standard, etc. an have nary a difference when it comes to installing and running Euphoria programs. I have used all of them regularly and and with great success using Euphoria.

Using my psychic powers, I am going to guess predict that there is an issue with your PATH environment variable. This is what dictates where commands "live", such as xcopy, etc. Without a properly configured PATH environment variable, many commands will not work. Can you post the content of your PATH environment variable?

From a command line, you can type echo %PATH%. You can also right-click My Computer > Properties > Advanced System Settings > Environment Variables.

-Greg

Here they are:,

--user path  
C:\WATCOM\BINNT;C:\WATCOM\BINW;E:\EUPHORIA\BIN  

--system path  
C:\WATCOM\BINNT;C:\WATCOM\BINW;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program F  
iles (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\;%SystemRoot%\  
system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsP  
owerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DA  
L;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program F  
iles (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x8  
6)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files (x86)\Toshi  
ba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\sys\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshib  
a Stack\sys\x64\  
Are these correct?

Don Cole

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Windows 7 Premium vs Windows 7 Profesdsional revisited

I separated and sorted the values and removed the duplicates. Everything looks correct.

%SystemRoot% 
%SystemRoot%\system32 
%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem 
%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\ 
C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\ 
C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL 
C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT 
C:\Program Files (x86)\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\sys\ 
C:\Program Files (x86)\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\sys\x64\ 
C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\ 
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL 
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT 
C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath 
C:\WATCOM\BINNT 
C:\WATCOM\BINW 
E:\EUPHORIA\BIN 

Can you try an echo %PATH% from the command line to verify that the %SystemRoot% values are expanded correctly? %SystemRoot% should expand to C:\Windows.

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu