1. Translating/Compiling WEE Doesn't Complete

The error is:

Compiling  91% window.c 
Compiling  94% 0achine.c 
Compiling  98% 0ll.c 
Linking 100% ..\wee.exe 
C:/TDM-GCC-32/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.9.2/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: canno 
t open output file C:/PROGRA~2/WEE-MA~1/wee.exe: Permission denied 
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status 
Unable to link C:\Program Files (x86)\WEE-master\wee.exe 
Status: 1 Command: gcc -o C:/PROGRA~2/WEE-MA~1/wee.exe  init-.o wee.o main-.o pa 
rser.o filesys.o datetime.o dll.o error.o machine.o memconst.o memory.o types.o 
get.o io.o text.o convert.o search.o math.o rand.o pretty.o sequence.o sort.o sc 
intilla.o 0et.o misc.o ui_win.o window.o 0achine.o 0ll.o  C:/euphoria/bin/eu.a - 
m32  -mwindows 

I did not specify a path to c:\tdm-gcc-32\bin this time. Could that be the problem? Doesn't seem like it, but needed to mention it.

Oh. This PC has Euphoria 4.0.5 installed. Maybe that's the problem?

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Translating/Compiling WEE Doesn't Complete

euphoric said...

The error is:

Compiling  91% window.c 
Compiling  94% 0achine.c 
Compiling  98% 0ll.c 
Linking 100% ..\wee.exe 
C:/TDM-GCC-32/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.9.2/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: canno 
Status: 1 Command: gcc -o C:/PROGRA~2/WEE-MA~1/wee.exe  init-.o wee.o main-.o pa 
get.o io.o text.o convert.o search.o math.o rand.o pretty.o sequence.o sort.o sc 
intilla.o 0et.o misc.o ui_win.o window.o 0achine.o 0ll.o  C:/euphoria/bin/eu.a - 
m32  -mwindows 

I did not specify a path to c:\tdm-gcc-32\bin this time. Could that be the problem? Doesn't seem like it, but needed to mention it.

Looks like a permissions issue. Is there already a wee.exe in WEE-master that perhaps needs to be moved out? Or maybe the permissions in WEE-master itself need to be tweaked.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Translating/Compiling WEE Doesn't Complete

jimcbrown said...
euphoric said...

The error is:

Linking 100% ..\wee.exe 
m32  -mwindows 

Looks like a permissions issue. Is there already a wee.exe in WEE-master that perhaps needs to be moved out? Or maybe the permissions in WEE-master itself need to be tweaked.

I ran "cmd as administrator" and that wasn't permission enough, apparently. Same error.

The only other thing I can think of that might be important is this PC is Windows 8 in 64-bit.

I'll do a little research on permissions in Windows. Thanks, jim!

4. Re: Translating/Compiling WEE Doesn't Complete

It is a "no no" to write into C:\Program Files in Windows except when installing. Euphoria 4.0.5 shouldn't be able to translate wee. Could you please try to do this again but from your user's directory. In Vista this would be C:\Users\Username. If you do this I will expect you to get an error code from the multiassign line but not a permissions error.

Shawn Pringle

5. Re: Translating/Compiling WEE Doesn't Complete

SDPringle said...

It is a "no no" to write into C:\Program Files in Windows except when installing. Euphoria 4.0.5 shouldn't be able to translate wee. Could you please try to do this again but from your user's directory. In Vista this would be C:\Users\Username. If you do this I will expect you to get an error code from the multiassign line but not a permissions error.

With this as my clue, I moved the WEE folder to the desktop. The translate/compile completed without a problem! So then I moved it back into the Program Files (x86) folder and it works fine.

I guess I can just give write access to that particular folder for future use.

Thanks, Shawn!

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu