http://redy-project.org/images/misc/mongoose-wee.png

http://redy-project.org/images/misc/mongoose-wee.svg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: WEE: Icon Request

LOL, ryan! Nice.

4. Re: WEE: Icon Request

I can't improve on Ryan's artwork...

We could use the Euphoria {} claws icon to identify WEE and Euphoria files.

We could then use o[ as a easy to type icon to stand for OpenEuphoria. The wordmark then becomes open[uphoria

• Type ^^{^^} to get {}
  • Type --o[-- to get o[

The Mongoose and Wordmark are available when graphics can be used.

_tom

5. Re: WEE: Icon Request

ryanj said...
euphoric said...

OK, Pete, stop being lazy. Make me an icon I can associate with wee.exe. grin

How about this? Haha

http://redy-project.org/images/misc/mongoose-wee.png

http://redy-project.org/images/misc/mongoose-wee.svg

Example rc File, works with OpenWatcom 32-Bit Windows. Using Ryan's Icon converted to wee.ico

#include <winver.h> 
ICON	  ICON			wee.ico 

1 24 manifest.xml 

//-- version info (shown in file properties) 
VS_VERSION_INFO VERSIONINFO 
FILEVERSION 0, 0, 2, 6 
PRODUCTVERSION 0, 0, 2, 6 
FILEOS VOS__WINDOWS32 
FILETYPE VFT_APP 
// FILETYPE VFT_DLL 

BEGIN 
   BLOCK "VarFileInfo" 
   BEGIN 
      VALUE "Translation", 0x409, 1252  // Englisch (USA), Windows/Multilingual 
//    VALUE "Translation", 0x407, 1252  // German,         Windows/Multilingual 
   END 

BLOCK "StringFileInfo" 
   BEGIN 
      BLOCK "040904E4"                  // Englisch (USA), Windows/Multilingual 
//    BLOCK "040704E4"                  // German,         Windows/Multilingual 
      BEGIN 
         VALUE "FileVersion",      "0.26\0" 
         VALUE "FileDescription",  "Wee Euphoria Editor\0" 
         VALUE "LegalCopyright",   "(c) Pete Eberlein\0" 

VALUE "ProductVersion",   "0.26\0" 
         VALUE "ProductName",      "WEE Editor\0" 
         VALUE "OriginalFilename", "wee.exe\0" 
         VALUE "InternalName",     "WEE\0" 
         VALUE "CompanyName",      "Pete Eberlein\0" 
         VALUE "Comments",         "Work in progress\0" 
      END 
   END 
END 

Example Manifest for Win32...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> 
<assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0"> 
<dependency> 
<dependentAssembly> 
<assemblyIdentity type="win32" name="Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls" version="6.0.0.0" processorArchitecture="X86" publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df" language="*"/> 
</dependentAssembly> 
</dependency> 
</assembly> 

I just miss the option for choosing an Euphoria Interpreter ...

A really great Editor. Thank you Pete

Andreas

6. Re: WEE: Icon Request

Love it! Send me the .ico file and I'll add it to the repo.

7. Re: WEE: Icon Request

PeteE said...

Uh. Ryan's icon was a joke. Right? grin

8. Re: WEE: Icon Request

euphoric said...
PeteE said...

But sometimes the best products are born out of a hoax gone wrong (or, depending on your POV, all too well).

http://firstwefeast.com/eat/cricket-milkshakes-wayback-burgers-newest-item/

9. Re: WEE: Icon Request

jimcbrown said...
euphoric said...
PeteE said...

But sometimes the best products are born out of a hoax gone wrong (or, depending on your POV, all too well).

http://firstwefeast.com/eat/cricket-milkshakes-wayback-burgers-newest-item/

It wasn't meant to be taken seriously, but i did put a link to the svg file just in case someone wants to improve upon it or make adjustments so it works better for scaling down to 16 or 32 px. :)

10. Re: WEE: Icon Request

andi49 said...

Ok. I have pushed version .28 with this feature: on the menu Run -> Choose Interpreter.

Also I have put two icons in the repo, mongoose-wee.ico from Ryan if you're feeling silly, and wee.ico for when you're feeling serious.

11. Re: WEE: Icon Request

PeteE said...
andi49 said...

Ok. I have pushed version .28 with this feature: on the menu Run -> Choose Interpreter.

Hmmm Shouldn't the interpreter choices be sensitive to eu.cf file and the euphoria version? Under Linux with euphoria 4.1b running Wine Wee-0.28 allows me to choose a non-existant, "ex" as an interpreter. Likewise, Under Linux, a non-existant "exu" is presented as a choice in addition to "eui".

Rather than just an interpreter choice option, I think there should be a configuration menu which would allow you to choose a configuration file to pass to the interpreter, if one other than the current eu.cfg is desired. Under "Nix", the specific interpreter, either "eui" or "exu" could be automatically set by finding which one is actually located in the euphoria bin file referenced by the eu.cfg file. Likewise, under windows, the euphoria version specific choices of console or windows interpreter can be made from the ones located in the euphoria bin file referenced by the current, or newly selected eu.cfg file. Bottom line, under "Nix", no selection of a specific interpreter should ever be necessary.

And then there are binders, translaters, and shrouders. I am not sure how their names may have changed with platform or euphoria versions, but the bottom line is all that can be more easily be set or reset be selecting the appropriate euphoria configuration file.

Regards, Ken

12. Re: WEE: Icon Request

I dunno; that sounds too complicated for little benefit. Choose the interpreter you want to use, and ignore the ones you don't have installed.

13. Re: WEE: Icon Request

PeteE said...
andi49 said...

Also I have put two icons in the repo, mongoose-wee.ico from Ryan if you're feeling silly, and wee.ico for when you're feeling serious.

Hallo

First, thank you for reacting this fast.

I think i was not clear with ' just miss the option for choosing an Euphoria Interpreter ...'

I have 3 Euphoria installations on my computer (4.0x, 4.1 32bit,4.1 64bit) No one of these installations are in my PATH. What i meant was, i like to choose the Euphoria installation i want to use (there is no need for Enviromentvariables to set if you use eu.cfg).

Basically, it would be enough to have an option to choose the PATH to euinstdir/bin and then add eui.exe or euiw.exe to execute the file.

But this is really not this important, just a nice to have.

Andreas

14. Re: WEE: Icon Request

Oh, I get it now. What I'm going to do is use the include_paths(), which is controlled by the eu.cfg, to search for the selected interpreter. I think that will work. Sorry I was harsh on you, Ken.

Edit: include_paths won't work. It only returns the include paths of the interpreter wee is currently running in; it doesn't look for a eu.cfg in the current directory at runtime.

15. Re: WEE: Icon Request

PeteE said...

Oh, I get it now. What I'm going to do is use the include_paths(), which is controlled by the eu.cfg, to search for the selected interpreter. I think that will work. Sorry I was harsh on you, Ken.

Edit: include_paths won't work. It only returns the include paths of the interpreter wee is currently running in; it doesn't look for a eu.cfg in the current directory at runtime.

Frankly, I think you should just not try to support euphoria versions less than 4. Passing the full path to an alternate "eu.cfg" file will effect the selection different interpreters.

Add a "Choose alternate eu.cfg file" menu option which woul call a file selector set to filter "eu.cfg" files, allowing the user to navigate to a directory with the desired eu.cfg file. The full path to that eu.cfg file can be passed to the interpreter command using "-c filename".

Regards, Ken

16. Re: WEE: Icon Request

PeteE said...

There's no library function to find an eu.cfg AFAIK. You'd need to use load_euphoria_config() from pathopen.e in the parser source code: http://scm.openeuphoria.org/hg/euphoria/file/9b49670d4abd/source/pathopen.e#l208

K_D_R said...

Frankly, I think you should just not try to support euphoria versions less than 4. Passing the full path to an alternate "eu.cfg" file will effect the selection different interpreters.

This is not correct. Selecting an alternate eu.cfg will not run a different interpreter. By the time the eu.cfg option is parsed, the interpreter has already been selected. You can't "change gears" afterwards with a setting inside of eu.cfg itself...

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu