1. Building 4.1.0 on Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS

I'm having problems building

make interpreter translator library debug-library backend shared-library debug-shared-library lib818 
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/bugmagnet/Downloads/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/source' 
make interpreter OBJDIR=intobj EBSD= CONFIG=/home/bugmagnet/Downloads/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/source/config.gnu EDEBUG= EPROFILE= 
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bugmagnet/Downloads/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/source' 
cd /home/bugmagnet/Downloads/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64 && /home/bugmagnet/Downloads/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/source/build/mkver "hg" "/home/bugmagnet/Downloads/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/source/build/ver.cache" "/home/bugmagnet/Downloads/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/source/build/include/be_ver.h" "-DEREL_TYPE="development"" 
abort: no repository found in '/home/bugmagnet/Downloads/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64' (.hg not found)! 
Translating eui.ex to create 
rm -f /home/bugmagnet/Downloads/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/source/build/intobj/{*.c,*.o} 
(cd /home/bugmagnet/Downloads/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/source/build/intobj;eui -i /home/bugmagnet/Downloads/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/include   /home/bugmagnet/Downloads/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/source/euc.ex  -nobuild -i /home/bugmagnet/Downloads/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/include -gcc    \ 
		-arch ix86_64 -c "/home/bugmagnet/Downloads/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/source/build/eu.cfg" \ 
		-c /home/bugmagnet/Downloads/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/source/eu.cfg /home/bugmagnet/Downloads/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/source/eui.ex ) 
Segmentation fault (core dumped) 
make[2]: *** [/home/bugmagnet/Downloads/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/source/build/intobj/main-.c] Error 139 
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bugmagnet/Downloads/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/source' 
make[1]: *** [interpreter] Error 2 
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bugmagnet/Downloads/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/source' 
make: *** [all] Error 2 
The problem appears to be with eui which seg faults as soon as it tries to load and execute a script. Eui identifies itself as
Euphoria Interpreter v4.1.0 development 
   64-bit Linux, Using System Memory 
   Revision Date: 2015-02-02 14:18:53, Id: 5861:57179171dbed 
What's amiss?

bugmagnet

P.S. Will post the full compile in pastey once I get my Linux box working again.

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Building 4.1.0 on Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS

bugmagnet said...

/home/bugmagnet/Downloads/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/include -gcc    \ 
		-arch ix86_64 -c "/home/bugmagnet/Downloads/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/source/build/eu.cfg" \ 
		-c /home/bugmagnet/Downloads/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/source/eu.cfg /home/bugmagnet/Downloads/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/source/eui.ex ) 
make[2]: *** [/home/bugmagnet/Downloads/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/source/build/intobj/main-.c] Error 139 
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bugmagnet/Downloads/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/source' 
make[1]: *** [interpreter] Error 2 
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bugmagnet/Downloads/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/source' 
make: *** [all] Error 2 
The problem appears to be with eui which seg faults as soon as it tries to load and execute a script. Eui identifies itself as
What's amiss?

Are you using that eui to run the translator? The Id seems off to me. The hash looks correct (compared to the date), but the local repository changeset number should be a few of years old.

Matt

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Building 4.1.0 on Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS

Pastey typescript of failed build of 4.1.0 in Ubuntu Trusty and 2nd part

I had bits of a previous install clouding the picture, so I removed all sign of euphoria 4.0.5 and 4.1.0 from the system before running the above.

bugmagnet

4. Re: Building 4.1.0 on Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS

Matt should configuration be set to use system memory on a 64bit system ?

bernie

5. Re: Building 4.1.0 on Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS

bugmagnet said...

Pastey typescript of failed build of 4.1.0 in Ubuntu Trusty and 2nd part

I had bits of a previous install clouding the picture, so I removed all sign of euphoria 4.0.5 and 4.1.0 from the system before running the above.

That pastey looks like what happens when you don't have euphoria installed and don't have pre-translated source. The missing references in the linker messages should come from the translated sources. In order to translate a 64-bit euphoria build, you'll need a 4.1 interpreter (4.1 32-bit will cross translate for 64-bit).

If you don't want to install, you can just grab a translator and configure the path to it:

./configure --eubin ~/bugmagnet/Downloads 

...or wherever it ends up.

Matt

Matt

6. Re: Building 4.1.0 on Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS

mattlewis said...

./configure --eubin ~/bugmagnet/Downloads 
...or wherever it ends up.

I've just discovered that the path needs to be to the bin directory, not just to the folder containing it.

Bugmagnet

7. Re: Building 4.1.0 on Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS

OK, that sort of works and sort of doesn't. The transcript of the configure and build (which appears to work) can be downloaded from my Dropbox as it's too long for a Pastey.

When I run 'make test' I get a long list of errors like this

interpreting t_893.e: 
FAILURE: t_893.e program died with status 139 

Bugmagnet

8. Re: Building 4.1.0 on Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS

Wow, when you add --debug to the configure invocation, it generates a lot of information (see typescript64) in the Dropbox.

I ran

./configure --debug --eubin /Downloads/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/bin

using the precompiled 64bit binaries supplied in the tgz. It worked a lot better than using the 32bit ones, generating binaries that actually work (a 'make test' run is in the typescript demonstrating this.)

So it would seem to be incorrect to suggest using the 32bit binaries to help build the 64bit.

Bugmagnet

P.S. Some of the tests failed, viz

Test results summary: 
    FAIL: t_filesys.e 
    FAIL: bound t_filesys-bound 
    FAIL: translated t_filesys-translated 
    FAIL: t_map.e 
    FAIL: bound t_map-bound 
    FAIL: translated t_map-translated 
    FAIL: t_net_http.e 
    FAIL: bound t_net_http-bound 
    FAIL: translated t_net_http-translated 
    FAIL: t_text.e 
    FAIL: bound t_text-bound 
    FAIL: translated t_text-translated 

P.P.S. make install almost worked

bugmagnet@bugmagnet-i3:~/Downloads/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/source$ sudo make install 
[sudo] password for bugmagnet:  
mkdir -p /usr/local/share/euphoria/include/euphoria 
mkdir -p /usr/local/share/euphoria/include/euphoria/debug 
mkdir -p /usr/local/share/euphoria/include/std/win32 
mkdir -p /usr/local/share/euphoria/include/std/net 
mkdir -p /usr/local/share/euphoria/demo/langwar 
mkdir -p /usr/local/share/euphoria/demo/unix 
mkdir -p /usr/local/share/euphoria/demo/net 
mkdir -p /usr/local/share/euphoria/demo/preproc 
mkdir -p /usr/local/share/euphoria/demo/win32 
mkdir -p /usr/local/share/euphoria/demo/bench 
mkdir -p /usr/local/share/euphoria/tutorial  
mkdir -p /usr/local/share/euphoria/bin  
mkdir -p /usr/local/share/euphoria/source  
mkdir -p /usr/local/bin  
mkdir -p /usr/local/lib 
install /home/bugmagnet/Downloads/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/source/build/eu.a /usr/local/lib 
install /home/bugmagnet/Downloads/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/source/build/eudbg.a /usr/local/lib 
install /home/bugmagnet/Downloads/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/source/build/euso.a /usr/local/lib 
install /home/bugmagnet/Downloads/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/source/build/eusodbg.a /usr/local/lib 
install /home/bugmagnet/Downloads/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/source/build/eui /usr/local/bin 
install /home/bugmagnet/Downloads/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/source/build/euc /usr/local/bin 
install /home/bugmagnet/Downloads/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/source/build/eub /usr/local/bin 
install /home/bugmagnet/Downloads/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/source/build/eubind /usr/local/bin 
install /home/bugmagnet/Downloads/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/source/build/eushroud /usr/local/bin 
install /home/bugmagnet/Downloads/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/source/build/eutest /usr/local/bin 
install /home/bugmagnet/Downloads/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/source/build/eudis /usr/local/bin 
install /home/bugmagnet/Downloads/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/source/build/eudist /usr/local/bin 
install /home/bugmagnet/Downloads/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/source/build/eucoverage /usr/local/bin 
install -m 755 /home/bugmagnet/Downloads/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/bin/*.ex /usr/local/bin 
install -m 755 /home/bugmagnet/Downloads/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/bin/ecp.dat /usr/local/bin 
install: cannot stat ‘/home/bugmagnet/Downloads/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/bin/ecp.dat’: No such file or directory 
make: *** [install] Error 1 

9. Re: Building 4.1.0 on Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS

The other weird thing is that the provided eui identifies itself as

bugmagnet@bugmagnet-i3:~/Downloads/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/bin$ ./eui 

ERROR: Must specify the file to be interpreted on the command line 
but the recently installed one identifies itself as
bugmagnet@bugmagnet-i3:~/Downloads/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/bin$ eui 
   Revision Date: unknown, Id: 0:unknown 

bugmagnet

10. Re: Building 4.1.0 on Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS

bugmagnet said...

The other weird thing is that the provided eui identifies itself as

bugmagnet@bugmagnet-i3:~/Downloads/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/bin$ ./eui 

but the recently installed one identifies itself as
bugmagnet@bugmagnet-i3:~/Downloads/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/bin$ eui 
   Revision Date: unknown, Id: 0:unknown 

bugmagnet

There's an hgrev program (built from hgrev.c in our source) that in turn runs an hg command to get the revision information.

If something went wrong with this program (for example, you don't have hg installed or you built out of something other than an hg working copy) then the revision will bre reported as unknown.

11. Re: Building 4.1.0 on Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS

jimcbrown said...

If something went wrong with this program (for example, you don't have hg installed or you built out of something other than an hg working copy) then the revision will bre reported as unknown.

Okay, I do have mercurial installed. But it's the second part I don't get: Of course I'm building out of something other than an hg working copy; I'm building out of euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64-57179171dbed.tar.gz as per the links on http://openeuphoria.org/wiki/view/DownloadEuphoria.wc . In fact further down the page it

said...

From Source-code To install from source you need a C compiler. Download the Source Package for your platform and then:

% cd euphoria-4.0.0-src/source  
% ./configure  
% make  
% make install 

So have I been wasting my time trying to get a working build from the sources in euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64-57179171dbed.tar.gz? Should I just hook into the mercurial repository? Or is there some script that takes the precompiled binaries in euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64-57179171dbed.tar.gz and sticks them in the relevant places?

I am a bit niggled by this.

bugmagnet

P.S. What is ecp.dat and where should it be? Make install went looking and didn't find it. (See an earlier posting for the full typescript)

12. Re: Building 4.1.0 on Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS

Ok, have done a

hg clone http://scm.openeuphoria.org/hg/euphoria 
and am building.

bugmagnet

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu