1. Judith Evans

For those oldies who knew Judith Evans - by far the biggest coder of the Win32Lib IDE for Euphoria 3 - I'm sorry to tell you she died last Tuesday. She never managed to fix the last annoying bugs, so the EuVIDE has languished rather in favour of more Eu4-compatible systems. But back when Eu3 was THE Euphoria, her IDE was the largest code base of any Euphoria work. As far as I am concerned I have lost a friend who has been missed over the last few years.

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Judith Evans

AndyDrummond said...

For those oldies who knew Judith Evans - by far the biggest coder of the Win32Lib IDE for Euphoria 3 - I'm sorry to tell you she died last Tuesday. She never managed to fix the last annoying bugs, so the EuVIDE has languished rather in favour of more Eu4-compatible systems. But back when Eu3 was THE Euphoria, her IDE was the largest code base of any Euphoria work. As far as I am concerned I have lost a friend who has been missed over the last few years.

Wow, I am really sorry to hear that.

Was she this Judith Evans ? http://www.tributes.com/obituary/show/Judith-Ann-Evans-102339304

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Judith Evans

I too am sorry to hear that

Chris

4. Re: Judith Evans

I thought this over, and I want to make a news post about this.

Any objections, constructive criticism, or other thoughts?

5. Re: Judith Evans

AndyDrummond said...

I too am very sorry to hear that. She helped me a lot.

Don Cole

6. Re: Judith Evans

AndyDrummond said...

My condolances to her family, RIP Judith.

7. Re: Judith Evans

jimcbrown said...

I agree. Judith was a noteworthy contributor to Euphoria. We will all miss her dearly.

-Greg

8. Re: Judith Evans

Never met the lady but her IDE is what got me playing with Euphoria many years ago. Really sad to lose her and sending my condolences to her family.

9. Re: Judith Evans

I'm sorry to read that she's gone.

I didn't talk much with Judith, but I've always appreciated her (and others) taking over support of Win32Lib.

Her work really took the library to a new level, and it was clear that she put a lot of hard that project, and supporting us.

My condolences to all her friends and family.

- David

10. Re: Judith Evans

RIP Judith

Here IDE was amazing. I still use the editor that comes with the IDE, so many useful features and I love how the syntax coloring works in it.

11. Re: Judith Evans

I didn't see the tributes page, Jim; I was told by Archie of her passing. Thanks for pointing me at it.
Maybe she knows a new meaning of Euphoria now.

12. Re: Judith Evans

jimcbrown said...

Jim, it is no business of mine, but I would be mighty pleased you want to do this; I think that is the best accolade she could have from this illustrious group.

Andy

13. Re: Judith Evans

jimcbrown said...

I've missed her hanging around here and always hoped she'd come back at some point. Here's another obituary (same text) that includes a nice picture:

http://www.mena-polk.com/news-and-events/judith-ann-evans-obituary/

Matt

14. Re: Judith Evans

AndyDrummond said...

As far as I am concerned I have lost a friend who has been missed over the last few years.

This is a sad loss. A news post would be a fitting tribute. Make sure her family also know that she has friends around the globe that respected and welcomed her contributions, and are now poorer for her absence.

15. Re: Judith Evans

DerekParnell said...
AndyDrummond said...

As far as I am concerned I have lost a friend who has been missed over the last few years.

This is a sad loss. A news post would be a fitting tribute. Make sure her family also know that she has friends around the globe that respected and welcomed her contributions, and are now poorer for her absence.

I sent Archie a link to this page; he has seen it and was pleased people remembered his wife well. He said she used to rise at 4am and work on her software often till the evening! Such dedication.

I still use her IDE most every week; once you are used to its ways it makes knocking up a quick program a doddle. It seems so easy to write an IDE like that - but in reality it is a major, major undertaking.

Bye, Judith....

16. Re: Judith Evans

I remember Judith in the forum. I used to use the IDE. It is part of her legacy. When she stopped writing things in EUPHORIA I took it as a signal that she found something more rewarding to do, so I wasn't sad. I am sad now.

Shawn

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu