1. RE: Recent server downtime

jimcbrown said...

We were down from Sunday, Feb 22 19:00 EST to today, 09:25 EST due to a DDOS attack. It seems to have let up for now, so we're back up and running again.

I noticed that DNS was not resolving for openeuphoria.org during this time. Was that done on purpose, or was it a side-effect of the DDOS attack?

-Greg

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: RE: Recent server downtime

ghaberek said...
jimcbrown said...

We were down from Sunday, Feb 22 19:00 EST to today, 09:25 EST due to a DDOS attack. It seems to have let up for now, so we're back up and running again.

I noticed that DNS was not resolving for openeuphoria.org during this time. Was that done on purpose, or was it a side-effect of the DDOS attack?

-Greg

A side effect. Our DNS server is on the same IP address as the web site itself.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: RE: Recent server downtime

jimcbrown said...

Would it be possible to use the registrar's name servers? Does DBP even provide name servers?

-Greg

4. Re: RE: Recent server downtime

I was going to squake about this myself but I see it being addressed by competent people.

Don Cole

5. Re: RE: Recent server downtime

ghaberek said...
jimcbrown said...

Would it be possible to use the registrar's name servers? Does DBP even provide name servers?

-Greg

This might have kept DNS up and running, but that'd be of little help if the ip address itself were inaccessible anyways. And the current setup gives us a little bit more flexibility.

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu