1. Strange appearance

Hi all, I have been searching the forums for a while on this topic.

I am writing a little app, to manage a database for me, using win32lib. The app itself is working, but the problem I am having is that any kind of labels I have, have a color that is different from the window background, on the outside of the label's text. If I size the label to the exact width and height of my text, then the colors disappear. However, if the label dimensions are different then the actual text, the background color changes to the old WinXP window background. Its like a white background where there should be a light gray background. I have tried to use the different background color routines, but what is happening is that the background of the text is being changed, not the actual background of the label box. I am using windows vista, so not sure if it is a problem with vista or not. I also have win32lib 0.70.20, and eu 4. I will have to check on an XP and 7 machine at some point. Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks in advance, happy weekend.

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Strange appearance

Hi

I think this is another manifestation of the win32lib / windows manifest issue. Some computers have it, and some don't. Until this is resolved once and for all, it pretty much makes win32lib unreliable and deprecated. I'm sure there is a fix for it, but unfortunately, I'm not the one to do it.

See

http://openeuphoria.org/forum/118462.wc#118462

and

http://openeuphoria.org/forum/114951.wc#114951

Chris

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Strange appearance

I agree with you that it is possibly a eu/win32lib/Vista issue. However, the possible fix made it worst. I suppose I need to learn wxEuphoria for my project as everything seems to work according to the demos.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu