1. System Specs Eu Library

Hello,

I was looking over the Euphoria's standard library, and I noticed there wasn't really an easy way to get your system specs through programming in Euphoria. I guess you could use some machine calls to get your systems specs, but I've also noticed other programming languages have this feature built into their standard library routines. I could be overlooking it, if it is included in the Euphoria standard library, but I didn't notice. If it is not in the standard library, then I think it would be a good suggestion to perhaps add this feature into Euphoria's standard library at some point.

When I'm talking about system specs, I'm talking about like being able to access what your CPU, GPU, amount of RAM available and so on. Having programming routines that tell you how much RAM you have or what your CPU power is, I think that would be a great addition to the Euphoria programming language.

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: System Specs Eu Library

On Windows, there are things like GetSystemInfo (or GetNativeSystemInfo) and NtQuerySystemInformation.

On Linux (and maybe OS X?), it's just a matter of grokking the content of /proc/cpuinfo and /proc/meminfo, or perhaps processing the output of dmidecode. See this article: Scripting with dmidecode.

I'm sure somebody could whip this into a few library functions forthwith. Just need a way of standardizing the output.

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: System Specs Eu Library

GetSystemInfo would work. I could probably take a shot at wrapping it sometime.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu