1. Display BMP image in Pure Euphoria 4

So I was going over the graphics and image.e files. I read over the documentation and the comments inside those files, but I'm still a bit confused as to how you'd display a .BMP graphic on the screen in Pure Euphoria 4. I know how to do it with Euphoria 3, but with Euphoria 4, it seems a bit more complicated, if I could get a example or better explanation, that would be great.

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Display BMP image in Pure Euphoria 4

I don't believe screen graphic modes are supported any more, so you're not going to be able to display graphics without using one of the libraries such as GTK or wxWidgets.

- David

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Display BMP image in Pure Euphoria 4

Icy_Viking said...

So I was going over the graphics and image.e files. I read over the documentation and the comments inside those files, but I'm still a bit confused as to how you'd display a .BMP graphic on the screen in Pure Euphoria 4. I know how to do it with Euphoria 3, but with Euphoria 4, it seems a bit more complicated, if I could get a example or better explanation, that would be great.

OpenEuphoria v4 no longer supports console-mode graphics (at least on Windows).

In order to display graphics images you need to use a Graphical-User-Interface (GUI) library or do 'raw' calls to the operating system's API. However, there are a quite few libraries to choose from.

4. Re: Display BMP image in Pure Euphoria 4

DerekParnell said...

In order to display graphics images you need to use a Graphical-User-Interface (GUI) library or do 'raw' calls to the operating system's API. However, there are a quite few libraries to choose from.

The easiest is dos_rescue. I think this is probably the most mature version:

https://bitbucket.org/insolor/dos_rescue/downloads

It should work on Windows and Linux.

Matt

5. Re: Display BMP image in Pure Euphoria 4

mattlewis said...
DerekParnell said...

The easiest is dos_rescue. I think this is probably the most mature version:

https://bitbucket.org/insolor/dos_rescue/downloads

It should work on Windows and Linux.

Matt

Dos Rescue would probably work for me. However making 'raw' calls to the OS API sounds interesting as well. Though I'm sure its more complicated, but it does sound like a fun project.

6. Re: Display BMP image in Pure Euphoria 4

Icy_Viking said...

Dos Rescue would probably work for me. However making 'raw' calls to the OS API sounds interesting as well. Though I'm sure its more complicated, but it does sound like a fun project.

It's not terribly difficult but it can get tedious for larger projects. This is why we have Win32Lib.

There are a few demos in the demo/win32/ folder that comes bundled with the Euphoria installation.

• taskwire.exw
  • winstruct.ew
  • winwire.exw

Also, check out Pete Eberlein's WEE Editor.

-Greg

7. Re: Display BMP image in Pure Euphoria 4

I have seen WEE, I think it is making great progress and looking to be a promising windows editor for EU.

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu