1. EuGTK/Glade update

EuGTK 4.8.5 has been posted, and this version has a number of new features (some untested:) including support for gestures and several new GTK widgets.

In addition, you can now design your user interface using Glade and need only a (relatively) few lines of Eu code to handle events. This Glade support is only experimental at this time, but I have converted a few of the demo programs to use Glade. These are in the /examples folder.

https://sites.google.com/site/euphoriagtk/Home

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: EuGTK/Glade update

The link given for downloading euGTK autorepeats after the download is finished. The result is it is not possible to download the file!

_tom

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: EuGTK/Glade update

Works fine for me. Just downloaded at 11:20 est

4. Re: EuGTK/Glade update

Just tried again, same problem. Using Mint17 and Opera.

But, using Firefox no problem.

Thanks Irv, for your work on euGTK

_tom

5. Re: EuGTK/Glade update

I'm (slowly) working on translating all 200+ demo programs to use Glade to build the GUI. Hopefully, I'll have them ready for an update about Dec 15.

There are a couple of advantages to doing things that way: first, you have a much easier task of making small 'tweaks' to the appearance, and second, the required Euphoria code is quite a bit smaller and easier to understand.

This combination of Glade and Geany is quite workable, sort of like Visual Basic or Delphi. (anybody remember Delphi?)

6. Re: EuGTK/Glade update

Hi

irv said...

I'm (slowly) working on translating all 200+ demo programs to use Glade to build the GUI. Hopefully, I'll have them ready for an update about Dec 15.

There are a couple of advantages to doing things that way: first, you have a much easier task of making small 'tweaks' to the appearance, and second, the required Euphoria code is quite a bit smaller and easier to understand.

This combination of Glade and Geany is quite workable, sort of like Visual Basic or Delphi. (anybody remember Delphi?)

Yes, I remember Delphi and it is still alive....

http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/

http://www.embarcadero.com/de/products/delphi

Andreas

7. Re: EuGTK/Glade update

Hi Irv,

I'm using EuGTK to do the Linux interface for WEE, and got to wondering if EuGTK would work on OSX. Turns out it does work, with a few changes. First, install MacPorts, and then the GTK3 library with this command "sudo port install gtk3". That should eventually install the library to /opt/local/lib/libgtk-3.dylib. Next make this change to GtkEngine.e:

ifdef OSX then 
  constant libgtk = "/opt/local/lib/libgtk-3.dylib" 
elsedef 
  constant libgtk = "libgtk-3.so.0" 
end ifdef 

export constant GTK = open_dll(libgtk) 
    if GTK = 0 then 
        crash("Fatal Error: no "&libgtk&" found!") 
    end if 

I tried a few demos, with great success. I hope you'll include it in the next release of EuGTK. Thanks!

8. Re: EuGTK/Glade update

Wow! I had no idea this would work on OSX - haven't had access to Mac products for many years.

Thanks for the info, I'll add the patch to the next release.

9. Re: EuGTK/Glade update

Thanks irv for the valuable (and massive) job you are doing

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu