1. Binding

I've used eubind to create a .exe program but was unable to include my own icon. The documentation suggests the use of bindw but when I tried this I got the error message ifdef not declared in bind.e. Does anyone have a solution?

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Binding

I use the Resource Editor in IcoFX to replace the icon in the bound executable with my own. The latest version of IcoFX (since 2.0) is $29.99 and you need the $49.99 "Business License" to get the Resource Editor. You can still get the old freeware version (up to 1.6.4) from places like FileHippo or Download Old Version. IcoFX is also very useful for converting ICO to PNG or vice-versa.

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Binding

Hello .

This will cost you nothing but a short amount of time . Go to the following .

http://www.howtogeek.com/75983/stupid-geek-tricks-how-to-modify-the-icon-of-an-.exe-file/

HTH.

Cheers Selgor.

4. Re: Binding

eran said...

I've used eubind to create a .exe program but was unable to include my own icon. The documentation suggests the use of bindw but when I tried this I got the error message ifdef not declared in bind.e. Does anyone have a solution?

It's been a long since I last used binding but I'll give a try tonight and let you know if I can do it directly with eubind (last time I tried, I think it was 3.X it worked), which version are you running?

Cheers,
Guillermo

5. Re: Binding

Hello Eran.

Selgor here .

I could not and still can not get the bind working in 3.1 or 4 or 4.5 etc..

So I looked elsewhere .

That's how I found the How to Geek Stuff in my above reply.

It is easy .

It really works.

Cheers. Selgor.

6. Re: Binding

Hello Eran.

Selgor here .

I could not and still can not get the bind working in 3.1 or 4 or 4.5 etc..

So I looked elsewhere .

That's how I found the How to Geek Stuff in my above reply.

It is easy .

It really works.

Cheers. Selgor.

7. Re: Binding

Thanks for your help. I had tried icofix and resource hacker but both programs created exe files which failed to run because they did not fix the checksum. Indeed the icofix manual acknowledges this might happen if the new icon differs from the original. I posted this problem because I thought I was missing something but I realise this is not the case

8. Re: Binding

Sorry for the delay, busy week.
I've confirmed the issue and opened a ticket for it ( http://openeuphoria.org/ticket/905.wc ), I'll try to fix it these days.

Cheers,
Guillermo

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu