1. Seattle GNU Linux conference and Euphoria

While at the Seagl conference this past weekend I was flooded with questions about an automotive project I'm working on that uses Euphoria for the GUI. Many people asked that I submit an official talk on this subject at Seagl 2015.

I'll be submitting a presentation on my project for Seagl 2015 and possibly even Linux Fest NorthWest 2015. Who is apposed or for Euphoria being presented as well? Is there any interest in helping to create a presentation on Euphoria? Is someone interested in doing the presentation at the conference or helping via video chat? Should Euphoria simply just be talked about briefly durring the presentation of my project instead of having it's own dedicated presentation?

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Seattle GNU Linux conference and Euphoria

system_X said...

Is there any interest in helping to create a presentation on Euphoria?

Without any doubt, if you submit a few drafts of the presentation here, you'll get significant feedback.

system_X said...

Should Euphoria simply just be talked about briefly during the vehicle computer presentation instead of having it's own dedicated presentation?

YES, absolutely. Focus on what attendees want to hear, which is "vehicle computer" (whatever that is); if you can promote Euphoria (a bit), great, but at all costs avoid "I came here for X, but it was all about Y, which I've never heard of."

HTH,
Pete

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Seattle GNU Linux conference and Euphoria

petelomax said...
system_X said...

Is there any interest in helping to create a presentation on Euphoria?

Without any doubt, if you submit a few drafts of the presentation here, you'll get significant feedback.

Pete, thanks for your feed back. I'm quite busy so it will take some time before I have a draft ready to post here.

petelomax said...
system_X said...

Should Euphoria simply just be talked about briefly during the vehicle computer presentation instead of having it's own dedicated presentation?

YES, absolutely. Focus on what attendees want to hear, which is "vehicle computer" (whatever that is); if you can promote Euphoria (a bit), great, but at all costs avoid "I came here for X, but it was all about Y, which I've never heard of."

HTH,
Pete

After reading your reply, it would make sense to give a bit of an explanation on the project. My personal goal is to have micro controllers interface with circuits that I build to control various parts of a vehicle which include, but not limited to lights, fuel injection, ignition system and traction control. This system will also perform various types of diagnostics and read many sensors. A touchscreen will be used to change configurations and many controls will be added to the steering wheel for on the fly adjustments. Euphoria is being used for the graphical interface and possibly for communicating with micro controllers.

4. Re: Seattle GNU Linux conference and Euphoria

This is great news, would love to see how this pans out.

Chris

5. Re: Seattle GNU Linux conference and Euphoria

ChrisB said...

This is great news, would love to see how this pans out.

Chris

Thankfully it will be nearly a year till the next Seagl which should be enough time to write drafts, final copies and submit the presentation. There is also a good chance that the presentation will be on Youtube. Iirc there was only enough equipment to record about eight presentations this year, but next year Seagl will have a lot more equipment available.

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu