1. SPIPAT pattern matching

Some of you may be aware of the SPIPAT library, which implements the S*BOL pattern matching library. Before I go ahead with converting the C/C++/Python/Ada to Euphoria, can anyone tell me if it has already been done? Would not want to reinvent the peanut-butter and banana sandwich.

Regards,
bugmagnet

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: SPIPAT pattern matching

bugmagnet said...

Some of you may be aware of the SPIPAT library, which implements the S*BOL pattern matching library. Before I go ahead with converting the C/C++/Python/Ada to Euphoria, can anyone tell me if it has already been done? Would not want to reinvent the peanut-butter and banana sandwich.

Regards,
bugmagnet

I don't know of anyone who has done this yet. No obvious hits in The Archive or as a general search.

Take a look at http://dmitry-kazakov.org/match/match.htm which is another C "Snobol" library of interest.

Also http://wilmott.ca/python/ has written code in Python.

This would be a great addition to o[

_tom

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: SPIPAT pattern matching

bugmagnet said...

Regards,
bugmagnet

Regular Expressions are already built into Euphoria and
I don't think that many users are even using them.

4. Re: SPIPAT pattern matching

BRyan said...

Possibly. I know I use them a lot.

Matt

5. Re: SPIPAT pattern matching

BRyan said...

Snobol (and SPIPAT) pattern matching vs. "regular expressions" is like Euphoria vs. "not your favorite language."

The modern version of Snobol is Icon (and Unicon). They are worth looking at to realize that there are different ways of doing things.

_tom

6. Re: SPIPAT pattern matching

Ok, I've created the project on Github. Don't hold your breath; it's not going to happen overnight.

Kind regards,
bugmagnet

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu