1. Euphoria AL

After a long time in a branch, I have decided to make a nice neat package people can install Euphoria 4.1 alternative_literals branch. I call this Euphoria 4.1AL. Official release date is October 19, 2014. It will have been two years exactly after the release of 4.0.5. If I hear of no installation packaging related issues, I will tag this same version as 4.1.0al and re-release with the 4.1.0al version tag on October 19th.

http://canada.host-ed.me/al

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Euphoria AL

The slackware package installed on Porteus Linux without problems.

The PDF HTML archive could not be read by the Mint17 archive manager. I did open it on slackware based Porteus.

_tom

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Euphoria AL

Hi

Sell it to me then!

(in case anyone is being too 'literal', I mean by that why would I download it rather than the official version, not let me reach for my wallet)

Chris

4. Re: Euphoria AL

_tom said...

The slackware package installed on Porteus Linux without problems.

The PDF HTML archive could not be read by the Mint17 archive manager. I did open it on slackware based Porteus.

_tom

Thanks for the feedback, Tom. It surprises me that Mint17 archive manager cannot handle xz files.

5. Re: Euphoria AL

ChrisB said...

Hi

Sell it to me then!

(in case anyone is being too 'literal', I mean by that why would I download it rather than the official version, not let me reach for my wallet)

Chris

Thanks Chris, you could look at the page 'What's New in 4.1' http://canada.host-ed.me/al/docs/whatsnew4_1.html#_17_whatsnewin41

See also: 4.2.1.8 enum type http://canada.host-ed.me/al/docs/lang_decl.html#_126_thename_ofbuiltin

Breifly, your code is checked in ways that the old Euphoria doesn't: enumerated types are special. For example, If you have a boolean enumerated type with values T and F and you have another enumerated type called Motor_type with values GAS, DISEL, ELEC. GAS may be 0 and F may be 0 but assigning F to a Motor_type variable will result in a warning. Where as 4.1 beta will not even hiccup. Also, the Debugging console displays the enumerated name which may be GAS, DISEL or ELEC instead of only 0, 1, 2.

Let me tell you why you should donate to either EuphoriaAL or OpenEuphoria. If you are tired of releases taking years to come out, support either one. We developers volunteer for free to work on this project, and although we are happy to do so, computers cost money, time spent on Euphoria is time not spent at work doing overtime. To do so with no support at all is a bit of a fool's errand.

If you want to see this EuphoriaAL have regular releases consider sending a donation monthly.

Thank you in advance for your support.

6. Re: Euphoria AL

Hi Shawn

Already proud to be a donor!

I was asking you to sell Eu4.1AL as opposed to Eu4.1 - good job though, those features will help a lot with debugging.

One of the things I think Eu doesn't do is shout about how good it is or what its features are - we need a marketing guru!

Not going to hijack this thread, so I'll start a new one.

Chris

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu