1. Let's be honest: Euphoria is dying

Let's face it: there has been no release in a really long time, and the development process seems to have been steadily declining. This is not to blame anyone, but to state the facts. The extremely low traffic of the forum is another clear indicator of the current level of abandon of Euphoria, with hardly anyone posting. Just look at the posts of the last 30 days and you will see what I mean... I believe that Euphoria is a nice language and that it deserves to survive, and I feel sorry for this state of affairs. Unfortunately, being a mere end-user and not a developer, I cannot contribute.

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Let's be honest: Euphoria is dying

I kinda agree. A stable release of Euphoria hasn't been released in over a year. It is sad to see Euphoria dying. It has a lot of potential. Especially with all the new recent features added. I think if 4.1.0 can get out the door soon, Euphoria might see some revitialization. I think if Euphoria wants to survive, it needs to evolve for this modern world. If Euphoria could run on mobile platforms, that would also help greatly. I would love to help with the development of Euphoria, but I'm not super experienced, and I have other projects to work on. I also know it would take time and work to get Euphoria off the ground again. I think it might have been 2007 or 2008, when Euphoria was a more popular language, but now, it is more or less just a niche now. I would like to see Euphoria improve and continue on.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Let's be honest: Euphoria is dying

It better not die. I've been working on a big project for many years and it's going to be Redy soon! Also, i'm using euphoria for software for business. I'm starting a company very soon, and if profits are good, i would love to fund Euphoria development. Perhaps pay a developer full-time for a year or something like that. It's a nice dream anyway...

4. Re: Let's be honest: Euphoria is dying

Euphoria may be showing signs of decline, but once a new release is out with some waited on features such as struct support, it will boom.

5. Re: Let's be honest: Euphoria is dying

I also agree that once a new release with struct support comes out, it will really help boost Euphoria again. Having struct support will also make it easier to wrap libraries as well.

6. Re: Let's be honest: Euphoria is dying

ryanj said...

It better not die. I've been working on a big project for many years and it's going to be Redy soon! Also, i'm using euphoria for software for business. I'm starting a company very soon, and if profits are good, i would love to fund Euphoria development. Perhaps pay a developer full-time for a year or something like that. It's a nice dream anyway...

That would be an achievement I will contribute too. But why pay a developer? Can't we find ppl in our own circle to do the odd things? Almost all desired features could be programed in Eu-itself, set aside totally new concepts that current Eu will need C++ or .asmcode for. But, Euphoria as is, is a great language already and I am negotiating with my web-host to allow it to run alongside Perl, PHP and MySQL as a developer-tool for nice possibilities. IMHO it could almost make all 3 of them superfluous. LET'S NOT permit Euphoria to become despair.

7. Re: Let's be honest: Euphoria is dying

It's not just Euphoria that's dying. Interest in any kind of programming is dying, along with interest in many other things.

Ask any school teacher, chances are they'll tell you that the majority of their students display no curiosity whatsoever, no interest in how things work, and especially no interest in having to actually do something. Why bother, when "there's an app for that"?

I rode the train across Canada a couple of years ago to see the scenery. There were several kids/teens aboard, and I'm pretty sure none of them ever looked out a window - they spent the entire trip either texting or playing Angry Birds on their ipads.

8. Re: Let's be honest: Euphoria is dying

irv said...

It's not just Euphoria that's dying. Interest in any kind of programming is dying, along with interest in many other things.

Ask any school teacher, chances are they'll tell you that the majority of their students display no curiosity whatsoever, no interest in how things work, and especially no interest in having to actually do something. Why bother, when "there's an app for that"?

I rode the train across Canada a couple of years ago to see the scenery. There were several kids/teens aboard, and I'm pretty sure none of them ever looked out a window - they spent the entire trip either texting or playing Angry Birds on their ipads.

You are absolutely right, but as to Euphoria there still seems to be a (although dwindling) group of supporters/users.
To be honest, I wouldn't be programing anymore if it weren't for Robert's great vision when starting off Euphoria

9. Re: Let's be honest: Euphoria is dying

irv said...

I agree with this statement. There is a strong lack of curiosity among young people. Kids just bury their noses in their mobile devices, and could care less about the outside world. I've always been interested in computers and electronics, when I found Euphoria, it was really cool. It was a powerful programming language and it was easy. I would really like to see Euphoria continue on, I'm using the beta right now, I really hope a new version with struct support will come out soon. I would help out more with development, if I had more practice with programming, programming languages.

10. Re: Let's be honest: Euphoria is dying

For me Euphoria continues to provides the easiest way to solve programming problems. I use it at work as well because the syntax is well-defined (no obscure variations with compiler), a development environment only requires 5 minutes to set up (install Euphoria and your favourite text editor) and deployment is easy (eubind an .exe) for either Windows or Linux. While I mostly use 4.0.5, an added bonus is that the 3.1.1 version is so stable you could seriously consider writing a life support system with it.

I would like to get to a stable release of 4.1.0 for 64 bit native running on Linux. Hypothetically speaking, if I was to assist in the 4.1.0 release, are the tickets up to date? I.e. if I do this search: http://openeuphoria.org/ticket/index.wc?per_page=20&page=1&type_id=-1&category_id=-1&milestone=4.1.0&severity_id=-1&status_id=2&user_id=-1&actiontype=Filter will looking at the unassigned entries give me something appropriate to work on?

11. Re: Let's be honest: Euphoria is dying

dosfreak622 said...

For me Euphoria continues to provides the easiest way to solve programming problems. I use it at work as well because the syntax is well-defined (no obscure variations with compiler), a development environment only requires 5 minutes to set up (install Euphoria and your favourite text editor) and deployment is easy (eubind an .exe) for either Windows or Linux. While I mostly use 4.0.5, an added bonus is that the 3.1.1 version is so stable you could seriously consider writing a life support system with it.

I believe that you can not say the same thing about most programming languages.

Is "Euphoria dying?"

dosfreak622 suggests one answer: Euphoria does the job when other languages fail.

TruthTeller said...

development process seems to have been steadily declining

We could start a flame war suggesting language xxxx is dead because it has not caught up to friendly Euphoria (something that has been true since 1993!)

Compared to C, Python, Perl, ... we are a few million dollars short in development money. Development progress is excellent considering.

dosfreak622 said...

I would like to get to a stable release of 4.1.0 for 64 bit native running on Linux.

Here is an addition to the documentation I just wrote:

Try out these steps. If something fails complain!

SCM

Euphoria source-code is hosted at http://scm.openeuphoria.org/hg/euphoria/ and is free for anyone to download.

• Install Mercurial and you can mirror the entire SCM site. This provides you with all historical changes to Euphoria.
  • At any time you can download just the current source archived as either a .zip or .bz2 file.

Required

• GCC C compiler.
  • Current Euphoria installation.
  • Administrative privilages for final installation.

Compiling

• Download the current source from the SCM and unarchive.
  • Navigate to /euphoria/source directory
  • Open terminal and at the $ prompt:
    • $ ./configure
    • $ make
  • Using administrator privilages:
    • $ make install

Euphoria will be installed to the /usr/local directory tree.
  • Test:
    • $ eui

Euphoria Interpreter v4.1.0 development 
   **-bit Linux, Using System Memory 
   Revision Date: unknown, Id: 0:unknown 

ERROR: Must specify the file to be interpreted on the command line 

Depending on your system **-bit will be either 32-bit or 64-bit. There is no revision date since this is an SCM installation.

dosfreak622 said...

Hypothetically speaking, if I was to assist in the 4.1.0 release, are the tickets up to date? I.e. if I do this search: http://openeuphoria.org/ticket/index.wc?per_page=20&page=1&type_id=-1&category_id=-1&milestone=4.1.0&severity_id=-1&status_id=2&user_id=-1&actiontype=Filter will looking at the unassigned entries give me something appropriate to work on?

Any kind of input is welcome.

There is no administration telling you what you can or cannot do. Pick a ticket item, anything you are comfortable with, and start a topic. This forum is equally a user forum and a development forum. This way you will not do any duplicated effort and may get some suggestions to help you.

_tom

12. Re: Let's be honest: Euphoria is dying

I would not encourage a young programmer to learn Euphoria even though I used it a lot in the past. Better to check tiobe index and spend is time on the top ones, beginning with C, Java, Python or even BASIC which is at position 6 this month. Python is great, it can be programmed as procedual, functionnal or OOP. Multi-paradigm is a trend in modern language. Let the programmer the choice of programming paradigm. For the last few years I've been programming mostly in C because it is the most used language for microcontroller programming.

As for the development of Euphoria, it is hard to stay tuned to a project when there is no reward at all. It is no surprise to me that their interest is fading.

13. Re: Let's be honest: Euphoria is dying

coconut said...

I would not encourage a young programmer to learn Euphoria even though I used it a lot in the past.

I think that's the problem right there. Euphoria has always had a lot of potential but very little foothold. We need is more propagation! More evangelism! More exposure! Let's encourage young programmers to use Euphoria. Let's start bringing the language and its tools into the 21st century. Let's get out there and make our voices heard!

-Greg

14. Re: Let's be honest: Euphoria is dying

ghaberek said...
coconut said...

I would not encourage a young programmer to learn Euphoria even though I used it a lot in the past.

I think that's the problem right there. Euphoria has always had a lot of potential but very little foothold. We need is more propagation! More evangelism! More exposure! Let's encourage young programmers to use Euphoria. Let's start bringing the language and its tools into the 21st century. Let's get out there and make our voices heard!

-Greg

Many of the problems are not internal to EUPHORIA but external. There is a lack of incentive for developers to continue on the project. This would seem to be also true about Apache and Linux which are going strong. What do these projects have that EUPHORIA doesn't?

Right now, if you want to use EUPHORIA for CGI you need to rent a VPS which is a lot more steep than say a shared hosting service. The market is such that among shared hosting plans, Perl and PHP are everywhere and EUPHORIA is nowhere.

The C+ + programming language is successful because English is successful. It is used in most places. A library for anything will be written first in C or C + +. Either can be used in C + + without a wrapper. EUPHORIA is kind of like Esperanto.

English is an ugly language. Pronunciation rules are kind of like Spanish but there is a large number of words that break them. A given pronunciation can be produced by several spellings. For making sounds there are redundant letters. With k and s we could do without the letter 'c'. Also 'x' and 'q' could be eliminated. What is more, the language has many irregular verb tense conjugations. Yet, people keep using it. I use it because this is what I learned a home and school. I believe the analog extends to this as well.

If I want to write something for KDE can I use EUPHORIA? Does it make sense for me to write a wrapper for KDE's API or just code it up in C + +?

Shawn Pringle

15. Re: Let's be honest: Euphoria is dying

SDPringle said...
ghaberek said...
coconut said...

-Greg

Many of the problems are not internal to EUPHORIA but external. There is a lack of incentive for developers to continue on the project. This would seem to be also true about Apache and Linux which are going strong. What do these projects have that EUPHORIA doesn't?

Right now, if you want to use EUPHORIA for CGI you need to rent a VPS which is a lot more steep than say a shared hosting service. The market is such that among shared hosting plans, Perl and PHP are everywhere and EUPHORIA is nowhere.

The C+ + programming language is successful because English is successful. It is used in most places. A library for anything will be written first in C or C + +. Either can be used in C + + without a wrapper. EUPHORIA is kind of like Esperanto.

I agree with you. Both languages, Euphoria and Esperanto, share what I would call: The way of simplicity. Euphoria achieves that with the powerful concept of sequence (you can represent everything with it) and Esperanto with its great regularity in various aspects (word formation system, spelling system, ...). Basically, both can be learned or relearned in few hours. People that like one, probably, will like the other (my case). Both are not more widespread for one hand because persons like to follow the others and, on the other hand, because the human (egoic) mind likes complexity. Both have flaws and can be optimised, but are much more simple than other languages. Unfortunately, the 'problem' with both is that once you study them, you see better the unnecessary complexity and waste of time to study other languages.

Saluton!

Fernando

16. Re: Let's be honest: Euphoria is dying

Of course the kids are always on their phones. What's worse is they assume everyone else is to. This iz y u c them rite liek this 2 every 1.

On a more OT note, come on Euphoria, don't crap out on me now. I just got back and I'm restarting an old project!

17. Re: Let's be honest: Euphoria is dying

I haven't been active in the Euphoria community in the last few months, and I still haven't gotten around to doing the Wiki Improvement Project and Euphoria community articles, and I still haven't released the next version of FluidAE, but I haven't forgotten or given up on all of that. I'll get to that soon, really I will! smile I am actually using Euphoria at work, for communicating with our products over USB for prototype testing, collecting data, etc. We are going to release an application that will let customers download event logs and view charts of data from our products. Guess what language that application is written in...

Because I need Euphoria for work-related stuff, I have actually been making huge progress on some things that I believe will help the Euphoria community, specifically related to GUI applications. What is currently known as FluidAE is going to have a new name, a new website, and a complete overhaul. I want to keep the details a secret until it is redy to release with a good marketing strategy. MUUAAAHAHAHA! I am hoping this new platform will make it very easy to use Euphoria to make professional-quality GUI applications.

I will also create a really nice application to show off what this Euphoria-based GUI platform can do: a really nice graphing calculator. And I mean really nice! Not just a half-baked, barely functional app to play around with for 5 minutes, but something that math students, programmers, and engineers will actually find more useful than a TI calculator. If anyone is interesting in helping with this application, let me know.

18. Re: Let's be honest: Euphoria is dying

Here's an idea I just wanted to throw at the wall to see if it sticks ... my feelings won't be hurt if it gets shot down with a vengeance.

I full well realize that some of the issues with Euphoria's development is due to our intrepid developers having paying jobs, and in the immortal words of Malcolm Reynolds, "a powerful need to eat some time this month." What about a Kickstarter project? Might be able to afford to hire some hands and eyeballs, both for development and PR. Granted, this may be a bit difficult due to Euphoria's apparent visibility problems, but you never know. Perhaps on down the road, should a Kickstarter take off, the project could have an open source backbone with a commercial "enterprise" option of some sort.

Being that I've been away a few years, I'm not sure where Robert Craig is positioned in the OpenEuphoria project; however, I'd be pretty adamant that he sign off on any commercial option, since this is his baby. Anyway, there's my idea. :)

19. Re: Let's be honest: Euphoria is dying

Travis_Beaty said...

Being that I've been away a few years, I'm not sure where Robert Craig is positioned in the OpenEuphoria project; however, I'd be pretty adamant that he sign off on any commercial option, since this is his baby. Anyway, there's my idea. :)

Robert Craig jumped ship several years ago. Everything is open sourced now.

20. Re: Let's be honest: Euphoria is dying

ryanj said...

I haven't been active in the Euphoria community in the last few months, and I still haven't gotten around to doing the Wiki Improvement Project and Euphoria community articles, and I still haven't released the next version of FluidAE, but I haven't forgotten or given up on all of that. I'll get to that soon, really I will! smile I am actually using Euphoria at work, for communicating with our products over USB for prototype testing, collecting data, etc. We are going to release an application that will let customers download event logs and view charts of data from our products. Guess what language that application is written in...

Because I need Euphoria for work-related stuff, I have actually been making huge progress on some things that I believe will help the Euphoria community, specifically related to GUI applications. What is currently known as FluidAE is going to have a new name, a new website, and a complete overhaul. I want to keep the details a secret until it is redy to release with a good marketing strategy. MUUAAAHAHAHA! I am hoping this new platform will make it very easy to use Euphoria to make professional-quality GUI applications.

I will also create a really nice application to show off what this Euphoria-based GUI platform can do: a really nice graphing calculator. And I mean really nice! Not just a half-baked, barely functional app to play around with for 5 minutes, but something that math students, programmers, and engineers will actually find more useful than a TI calculator. If anyone is interesting in helping with this application, let me know.

Ah, neither have I, for I'd guess maybe ten years or so. I had a really rough time of it (lots of work, and some medical issues), and pretty much just floated away. I have just re-started a project that I had begun at one point, namely creating a library to use Qt with Euphoria applications. Experience is showing here ... it's looking a lot difference code-wise from what it did years ago. Nothing I'm going to get in a hurry with at the moment, just sort of pecking away at it. I should have something to show for it in a few months, as I'll need it for a project I have in mind that will use it, a 3D stellar cartography system.

21. Re: Let's be honest: Euphoria is dying

The most significant fact of this thread is the lack of participation from the developers' side, which definitely is not a good sign.

Of course, the developers may just dismiss this thread as a pointless FUD discussion, with no benefit at all. Yet we cannot overlook the fact that the developers are not willing to clearly state their current level of commitment, or at least give us an update on the current status of Euphoria's vitality.

Sorry for being a bit abrasive, but I believe that the users have the right to know.

22. Re: Let's be honest: Euphoria is dying

Nevla said...

The most significant fact of this thread is the lack of participation from the developers' side, which definitely is not a good sign.

Yet we cannot overlook the fact that the developers are not willing to clearly state their current level of commitment, or at least give us an update on the current status of Euphoria's vitality.

Not sure where you get off saying that. _tom and rywilly are both members of the dev team. We do have participation from the developers. I'd go further and include people like irv, who - while not formally on the dev team for the language itself - are definitely developers of major and important libraries for Euphoria.

Nevla said...

Of course, the developers may just dismiss this thread as a pointless FUD discussion, with no benefit at all.

Sorry for being a bit abrasive, but I believe that the users have the right to know.

It would be easy to justify doing so. Based on your ip address and registered email address, it is pretty clear that you are the same individual as a known troll and that this is just another attempt by you to harass the community.

However, this conversation has been allowed to go on because:

1) The issue itself is definitely a real one.

2) It would be good to get some ideas on how to make things better in this regard.

3) Some very good ideas have already been discussed by devs and users who - unlike you - actually care and have a genuine interest.

Anyways, my view is that things will probably pick up once one of the devs has more time to devote to the project. Or maybe when a new member joins the dev team (as has happened in the past). Right now, everyone's busy and there's no money to pay for someone to take this on as a full-time or even a part-time job. But having a down period or two is hardly the end of the language.

On a bigger scale, it's pretty hard to compete. The lack of commercial funding is a major hamper (and remember, Rob tried to go the commercial route from the beginning and gave it up in the end). Even with a significant amount of funding, Euphoria itself isn't new so it'd be hard to hype it up as some "shiny new thing".

AFAIK no one is trying to keep Euphoria down. It's just that Euphoria is unlucky enough to have less than ideal circumstances. Of course, with enough money, this could easily change, but how likely is that to happen? (By "enough", I'm thinking something along the lines of multi-million dollar commercial investments.)

23. Re: Let's be honest: Euphoria is dying

Euphoria is never going to be popular. The best we can do is keep it from dying altogether.

Money isn't really much of an incentive. Most people want to do something useful. Those who produce something that no one wants can make more money working for the IRS.

What Euphoria needs is some sign of activity - such as questions and answers on this forum. I can see that 10 or more registered users have 'dropped by' here in the last few hours, but there are only a couple of posts. Often, several days go by without a single new post. When someone who might be interested in Euphoria who checks out the forum, this gives the impression that Euphoria is, in fact, on its last legs.

24. Re: Let's be honest: Euphoria is dying

Money is not enough. Look at Go a Google created language, it as no big success. The fact is that there is so many languages that come by and fade away, lua is also fading. There is no point switching from one language to another if the one your using and well know does the job. A language to impose itself need to have obvious advantages. We are leaving in a world of multi-platforms and rapid deployement. Apple bring Swift and it is already popular, because it target very popular platforms, any freelance want to write for Apple phones and tablets. It is a great temptation to do the same when you know that a 3 days work like Angry Bird can make you almost instanly rich.

The science of compilers and programming languages is quite mature, there is not much to gain by inventing new ones unless it is to support a niche and this is what Swift is, although a very prosperous niche.

Will euphoria die? I don't know but it as always been marginal and at best will stay.

Jacques

25. Re: Let's be honest: Euphoria is dying

Nevla said...

Or is a good sign ... the users of the language, arguably, have better signal to noise on this topic than its developers, who are rather invested in its success.

Nevla said...

Of course, the developers may just dismiss this thread as a pointless FUD discussion, with no benefit at all. Yet we cannot overlook the fact that the developers are not willing to clearly state their current level of commitment, or at least give us an update on the current status of Euphoria's vitality.

As an evidence-based kinda person, I'm finding it hard to understand why you infer that "developers are not willing".

If you wanted developers specific input into this topic, a better method might have been to ask for it.

Nevla said...

The way you say this, implies that some section(s) of this community are been denying or advocating that users do not need to know the developers point of view on the topic. Do you have evidence of that?

In any case, my point of view as one of the developers (and note that every developer is independent from the others and might very well have a divergent view from a consensus), is the a language is only dead if no one uses it. I can believe that Euphoria will be used by some people for quite awhile to come, even if it has no further releases. Basically because it is actually a useful tool.

However, the current hiatus on releases has more to do with available developer time than anything else. There is certainly a desire to have it out in the wild, but one of the side effects of improving the language is that it now takes even longer to do all the double-checks, regression tests, and administrivia of releasing a product.

At this point I wish to send a profound thank you to Tom for his Herculean effort with the documentation.

26. Re: Let's be honest: Euphoria is dying

There are frequent articles that Linux will never be a success. So I guess that Euphoria will never be popular either. But Windows is harder to use than Linux which explains why everyone uses Windows. Since there are lots of languages that are harder to use than Euphoria we should be using them.

Euphoria is an imperative language and there lies its charm. Is development "slow" because it asymptotically approaching the language that it is intended to be?

New-Euphoria, a mythical language with OOP and other trendy features, is another thing. There are not many people who can invent a new programming language and most of them are busy.

Revising the documentation is another slow process. There are a few factors here: my brain is slowing down, gone fishing, the NFL football season started up, ..., and so on.

But, I am not ready to believe that Euphoria is going to die.

_tom

27. Re: Let's be honest: Euphoria is dying

Actually I just picked up on Euphoria a few weeks ago and after small learning curve ( I already know the C language and Computer Science ) I was surprised at the ease of writing code with minimal errors as long as you get the syntax correct. An embedded version could be a good idea, I hate that Android has to use java all over the place. I do not think 'dying' is a good word for the slow replacement of one language for another, and I believe this is going to be one of "my languages" because it has an appeal to my thinking process that java and c++ do not. I for years have been trying to hold on to objective-C on Linux, because I saw its beauty and potential but was disappointed all the time, and never saw Mac as a platform I wanted to get into. Still don't. But now the functional parts of objc have been torn out of the gcc suite and that kind of kills it for me. I am having fun with euphoria right now, and I would encourage the current architects of the code to carry on and think about an android port. ( I don't think lua, perl, lisp, or even fortran are 'dying' either. They may have newer, shinier cousins in the spotlight but they have their uses and user-bases. Some should go the dustbin of history and simply will not like MUMPS (a medical field database-oriented language) -- that $#!+e is old and crustified beyond belief. I also understand that the world's air fleet of jetliners has about 60 million lines of Cobol running at any given time of the day ... remember that as you are 12 km in the air!

Anyway, I am impressed with the testing and the ability to compile the code and its robustness, and its relative consistency in method and practice. What euphoria might need is an industrial use-case where it excels over other languages. Many manufacturers of high-tech machines like precision grinders and cutters and industrial chemical refiners/cookers, etc have fashioned their own 'languages' (usually in C or java, or in maple or subsets of lisp (Autocad) ). They overlay the generics with specific lingo and ops suited to the tasks and operators know nothing of the underlying codes. They 'program" in the 'new' "domain specific" language. Euphoria seems tailor-made for such a niche, but maybe hasn't found one yet.

28. Re: Let's be honest: Euphoria is dying

A mobile version of Euphoria would be great, but it would also take alot of time to develop and probably need new developers who are familiar with mobile development. It would be pretty awesome to run Euphoria on Android. I also agree Java does not work with my thinking. When I found Euphoria, I was hooked, it soon became my favorite programming language.

29. Re: Let's be honest: Euphoria is dying

spikeysnack said...

I also understand that the world's air fleet of jetliners has about 60 million lines of Cobol running at any given time of the day ... remember that as you are 12 km in the air!

True - I used to work for an airline, the aircraft maintenance system was Cobol based. If it was offline, all their aircraft have to be grounded worldwide by IATA rules because you can't prove the aircraft are airworthy. But more on topic - the same airline was using something called ALCS which is mainframe assembler based. Why? Obviously not because its easier to maintain, but because you got the fastest possible transactions (booking system) with the available hardware.
Speed, in execution, development and debugging is still important so I will be using Euphoria for some time to come regardless of updates, as was mentioned earlier.

30. Re: Let's be honest: Euphoria is dying

ryanj said...

Let's be honest:

You mean this one? http://openeuphoria.org/forum/m/5802.wc

Andreas

[edit]

p.s. Don't get me wrong. The joke was not about your project. It was about the subject of the old posting ....

31. Re: Let's be honest: Euphoria is dying

andi49 said...
ryanj said...

Let's be honest:

You mean this one? http://openeuphoria.org/forum/m/5802.wc

Andreas

[edit]

p.s. Don't get me wrong. The joke was not about your project. It was about the subject of the old posting ....

Hah! It is funny to read such an old post. After reading that, I suppose progress has been much slower than I had hoped, but I can finally say I do have a working GUI and have started developing applications with FluidAE.

Here's a status update: I have decided to rename FluidAE. The next release will be a huge improvement over the last version of FluidAE. The unreleased code I have been using for the last 6 months is very stable and efficient. Before I release it, I need to add a few features and write really good documentation and demos. It will be called Redy (a Middle-English spelling of "ready", which is a reference to the old READY prompt of early computers, symbolizing the simplicity and "readiness" that I believe we should get back to with modern computers.)

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu