1. Win32Lib Print Preview and Printing

Hello Euphorians,

I have been searching the web trying to find some code examples or at least information on how to create a print preview screen and print the document. I am writing a small database program for a day care center. It works great and uses the EDS. I have been using win32lib for quite some time, but have not done anything with the printer up to now. What I want to do is create a report based on the information in the database. I have seen the PrintRichEdit example that comes with win32lib, and that could work, but I really need to be able to send page feed commands to it. So I was wondering, is it possible to use the windows preview dialog to preview and print my reports? What would be the best avenue to go. If I used the RichEdit avenue, could I send page feed commands to it and just write a window to show different pages in the editor? Sadly there is not a whole lot of information to help with this, that I can find for euphoria.

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Win32Lib Print Preview and Printing

mb7001 said...

Hello Euphorians,

I have been searching the web trying to find some code examples or at least information on how to create a print preview screen and print the document. I am writing a small database program for a day care center. It works great and uses the EDS. I have been using win32lib for quite some time, but have not done anything with the printer up to now. What I want to do is create a report based on the information in the database. I have seen the PrintRichEdit example that comes with win32lib, and that could work, but I really need to be able to send page feed commands to it. So I was wondering, is it possible to use the windows preview dialog to preview and print my reports? What would be the best avenue to go. If I used the RichEdit avenue, could I send page feed commands to it and just write a window to show different pages in the editor? Sadly there is not a whole lot of information to help with this, that I can find for euphoria.

Have you looked in the Archive ?

http://rapideuphoria.com/cgi-bin/asearch.exu?dos=on&win=on&lnx=on&gen=on&keywords=print+forms

Printers use a Printer Control Language.

There is a simple utility for PCL among other programs that may be help full here.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Win32Lib Print Preview and Printing

Thank you I will check these out. I tried searching but I should have broaden my search.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu