1. eubind seems to be broken

I can't bind programs! Eubind gives me this error:

<0301>:: Couldn't open 'C:\Euphoria\bin\eub.exe'!

I don't have it installed there, I have it installed at

'C:\Euphoria-4.1.0\bin\eub.exe'

So why is it looking in the wrong folder, when no system variables point to that folder!? Furthermore, why is it trying to use eub? Shouldn't it be using eubw?

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: eubind seems to be broken

ryanj said...

I can't bind programs! Eubind gives me this error:

<0301>:: Couldn't open 'C:\Euphoria\bin\eub.exe'!

I don't have it installed there, I have it installed at

'C:\Euphoria-4.1.0\bin\eub.exe'

So why is it looking in the wrong folder, when no system variables point to that folder!? Furthermore, why is it trying to use eub? Shouldn't it be using eubw?

Where is eubind.exe ? Where are you running eubind in?

eubind tries three locations to get the location of eub.exe/eubw.exe - EUDIR and the directory that eubind.exe (or eubind.ex) is located in (aka the source directory) and the current directory.

For EUDIR, if it's not specified in a eu.cfg file or on the command line wiht -eudir or in the environment variable %EUDIR%, then it looks in Program Files\Euphoria (including the x86 version if you have both 64bit and 32bit Program FIles) and then C:\Euphoria and then %HOMEDRIVE%\%HOMEDIR%\Euphoria. The first directory that exists is taken as EUDIR. If none of those exist, it goes thru the list of include directories (if any) to see if one of those is inside an Euphoria directory, and uses that. (So, EUINC might be relevant too.)

Somehow, eubind.exe sees c:\Euphoria (either %EUDIR% is set to that, or there's an eu.cfg file lying around somewhere that sets it up, or most likely, it's just defaulting to that) and uses that as it's EUDIR. Then it checks EUDIR\bin and the source directory for eub.exe / eubw.exe and can't find it in either. When it displays the error message, it just shows the one EUDIR as the path it uses, even though it's checked at least two.

You can override this behavior by passing eubind the -eub switch, which tells it which binary to use for the backend (the full path is required).

I don't understand why it's using eub instead of eubw, as it should only attempt to use eub if you've specified the -con option somewhere (command line or config file).

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: eubind seems to be broken

jimcbrown said...

Where is eubind.exe ? Where are you running eubind in?

eubind tries three locations to get the location of eub.exe/eubw.exe - EUDIR and the directory that eubind.exe (or eubind.ex) is located in (aka the source directory) and the current directory.

I ran it from the directory that my .exw file is in. EUDIR is defined as "C:\euphoria-4.1.0". My eu.cfg file in the same folder as the .exw file doesn't define EUDIR.

Ah, I see the problem. I didn't realize "C:\euphoria-4.1.0\bin\eu.cfg" was there, with the incorrect path. So, apparently, I can't just set system variables anymore, I have to edit the config file that comes with Euphoria.

4. Re: eubind seems to be broken

I can bind now, but it refuses to use the icon I specified. It also doesn't return an error if I specify an incorrect file name for the icon.

5. Re: eubind seems to be broken

ryanj said...

I can bind now, but it refuses to use the icon I specified. It also doesn't return an error if I specify an incorrect file name for the icon.

Not sure if that ever worked with MinGW. The eubind icon code was designed with the Watcom version of Euphoria in mind (and even then had a bunch of limitations such as on file size and the size of the icon). You might be able to fix it after the fact though: http://openeuphoria.org/forum/118544.wc#118544

ryanj said...

Ah, I see the problem. I didn't realize "C:\euphoria-4.1.0\bin\eu.cfg" was there, with the incorrect path. So, apparently, I can't just set system variables anymore, I have to edit the config file that comes with Euphoria.

Although they still work, the environment variables are considered obsolete in preference to the new eu.cfg config files. We might go as far as to remove support for them in some future (5.0.x?) release of Euphoria.

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu