1. [FORUM] Indicating question/problem solved on thread topic

Might it be a good feature to allow on the forum a way to indicate on a post's topic that a question/problem has been [SOLVED]?

I tried doing so on a post, but found that it, naturally, doesn't carry back to the thread topic, just shows on the individual post.

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: [FORUM] Indicating question/problem solved on thread topic

DanM_anew said...

Might it be a good feature to allow on the forum a way to indicate on a post's topic that a question/problem has been [SOLVED]?

I tried doing so on a post, but found that it, naturally, doesn't carry back to the thread topic, just shows on the individual post.

I thought all topic changes stayed in thread.

you can also tag a post using the categorize link or fork it.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: [FORUM] Indicating question/problem solved on thread topic

ne1uno said...
DanM_anew said...

I thought all topic changes stayed in thread.

you can also tag a post using the categorize link or fork it.

No, I thought that tagging a post in a thread as [SOLVED] would carry up to the initial post in the thread, so people who, I assume, view the forum as threads would see that that thread question was solved. But easy enough to just indicate solved in that initial post in the thread, so probably no need to allow carrying such a tag upward from a post down in a thread.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu