1. Formal Grammar Syntax in EBNF Notation

Salutation,

I am a student of a university and we just crossed with Euphoria. We found this programming language pretty awesome and we want to cooperate with this project. In order to build a compiler of Euphoria for a processor that we use here I would like to know if you could give me the formal grammar syntax in EBNF notation. If that's not possible we will do it ourselves and post it here. That syntax version presented in the manual 5.1 is not what I am looking for.

We are also including some new things, we will post here as the project develops.

Thanks in advance! Regards.

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Formal Grammar Syntax in EBNF Notation

Take a look at http://openeuphoria.org/wiki/view/NewDocs_euBNF.wc

The "official" definition of Euphoria is the interpreter. The interpreter is not created from a BNF.

I updated the BNF, what there is of it, more as a documentation exercise rather than a BNF that could be fed into a compiler generator. If you create a better BNF, then I will add it to the documentation.

I just checked the Archive and "bnf" has no hits. It looks like you will have to create an orginal BNF for your project.

A most interesting project. Good luck.

_tom

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Formal Grammar Syntax in EBNF Notation

henrydleao said...

... could give me the formal grammar syntax in EBNF notation ...

I started building one suitable for the Gold Parser system but as it was just a hobby I haven't put a lot of priority on it. I'll dig it out and see where I got up to.

4. Re: Formal Grammar Syntax in EBNF Notation

thank's a lot guys! I will post here as soon as possible.

5. Re: Formal Grammar Syntax in EBNF Notation

henrydleao said...

thank's a lot guys! I will post here as soon as possible.

Has the Formal Grammar Syntax for Fuphoria in EBNF Notation been posted some place ?

6. Re: Formal Grammar Syntax in EBNF Notation

BRyan said...

Has the Formal Grammar Syntax for Fuphoria in EBNF Notation been posted some place ?

Working on it still. The problem has been, for me anyhow, getting it validated. The tools I've found to do this have each had their quirks and limitations, so its taking a bit longer than expected. We have got a wet weekend coming up here so I'll be 'forced' to have some computer time, so here's hoping I can finish this syntax file soon.

7. Re: Formal Grammar Syntax in EBNF Notation

DerekParnell said...
BRyan said...

Working on it still. The problem has been, for me anyhow, getting it validated. The tools I've found to do this have each had their quirks and limitations, so its taking a bit longer than expected. We have got a wet weekend coming up here so I'll be 'forced' to have some computer time, so here's hoping I can finish this syntax file soon.

Thanks Derek

Take your time.

Bernie

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu