1. UsingEuphoria.com Domain Available

I'm giving up my UsingEuphoria.com domain, so if anybody wants it, let me know.

I could also just have it redirect to the OpenEuphoria.org domain for now if the community wants to support it. It will cost $10.87 total to renew for a year.

There were a lot of resources on the site (code snippets, modules, articles) which I'll try to get transferred over to the OE.org site if appropriate.

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: UsingEuphoria.com Domain Available

euphoric said...

I could also just have it redirect to the OpenEuphoria.org domain for now if the community wants to support it. It will cost $10.87 total to renew for a year.

There were a lot of resources on the site (code snippets, modules, articles) which I'll try to get transferred over to the OE.org site if appropriate.

I would absolutely be interested! Dibs! pleased

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: UsingEuphoria.com Domain Available

Greg, it's yours if you want it. Check your email! smile

4. Re: UsingEuphoria.com Domain Available

ghaberek said...
euphoric said...

-Greg

Hallo

I 'm just curious . what happened to it?

Andreas

5. Re: UsingEuphoria.com Domain Available

andi49 said...
ghaberek said...
euphoric said...

-Greg

Hallo

Andreas

Greg did take ownership of it for a while, and had set up his own website there.

I'm not sure what happened to the website, but the WHOIS data suggests that Greg still owns the domain.

6. Re: UsingEuphoria.com Domain Available

jimcbrown said...
andi49 said...

Greg did take ownership of it for a while, and had set up his own website there.

I'm not sure what happened to the website, but the WHOIS data suggests that Greg still owns the domain.

Yep, I've still got it. I had started putting together a new site but that project got side-tracked (like most things do) due to other work. The site (well, the Ubuntu VPS) got hijacked by a botnet recently so I had to take it down entirely and reinstall the OS to clean it up. That was a bit scary and a lesson in strong password usage.

I am trying to get things settled and situated to a point where I can devote more time to Euphoria programming again. I have some outlines and sketches of projects I want to get finished that would fill out the content of the site pretty well, and hopefully bolster some additional activity from the community.

I still have a tarball of the original site, but it may take some work to get it up-and-running again. Was there any particular content you were looking for?

-Greg

7. Re: UsingEuphoria.com Domain Available

ghaberek said...

[...]

I still have a tarball of the original site, but it may take some work to get it up-and-running again. Was there any particular content you were looking for?

-Greg

Nothing particular. But there is not very much information about Euphoria on the Web. So i think, even if the information is outdated, it should not be completly lost. At least there was a book 'Jubilation, Programming with Euphoria 4.0' and a lot of code examples.

If you could provide the tarball for download, i will try to rebuilt it. At least as a reference (if the copyright does not deny this).

Andreas

8. Re: UsingEuphoria.com Domain Available

ghaberek said...
jimcbrown said...
andi49 said...

Yep, I've still got it. I had started putting together a new site but that project got side-tracked (like most things do) due to other work. The site (well, the Ubuntu VPS) got hijacked by a botnet recently so I had to take it down entirely and reinstall the OS to clean it up. That was a bit scary and a lesson in strong password usage.

I am trying to get things settled and situated to a point where I can devote more time to Euphoria programming again. I have some outlines and sketches of projects I want to get finished that would fill out the content of the site pretty well, and hopefully bolster some additional activity from the community.

-Greg

Could you provide the tarball, please?

Andreas

9. Re: UsingEuphoria.com Domain Available

andi49 said...

Could you provide the tarball, please?

Here is the tarball. Sorry for the delay in responding. It took me a while to track it down.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22043710/usingeuphoria_com.tar.gz (5.5 MB)

Also, I am working to get usingEuphoria.com back online and updated with some new articles, since I have some free time over the holidays.

-Greg

10. Re: UsingEuphoria.com Domain Available

andi49 said...

If you could provide the tarball for download, i will try to rebuilt it. At least as a reference (if the copyright does not deny this).

You'll have to check with c.k. lester (euphoric) on the copyright since that is his content.

-Greg

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu