1. MinGW

Forked from Re: Voting begins on removing OpenWatcom support

jimcbrown said...
_tom said...

I have a problem running OpenWatcom.

• But, sanity.ex ran and compiled ok using Linux Eu4.0.5 and gcc.

If OpenWatcom does not work, then it should be dropped.

Does it work with MinGW though? This might be a common bug on that OS that just needs to be fixed, period.

I have never used MinGW.

• tried MinGW install from their website
    • the install crashed
  • used synaptic to install "gcc-mingw32"
    • so now, what do I do with it?
new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: MinGW

To install MinGW for windows, you download an installer. When running, it will download the needed files and set up directories. Run the installer again every couple of months to update only those files that have changed. From sourceforge's projects mingw files site, go to Installer/mingw-get-inst/mingw-get-inst-20120426/

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: MinGW

kenneth said...

To install MinGW for windows, you download an installer. When running, it will download the needed files and set up directories. Run the installer again every couple of months to update only those files that have changed. From sourceforge's projects mingw files site, go to Installer/mingw-get-inst/mingw-get-inst-20120426/

Following your suggestion I installed MinGW.

Running euc -gcc -com C:\MinGW sanity.ex produces the (now familiar) error. At least I know it is a matter of getting the paths correct since I now have Watcom working.

If installed to c:\MinGW, what changes to Windows are needed to get this to work?

4. Re: MinGW

_tom said...
kenneth said...

Following your suggestion I installed MinGW.

Running euc -gcc -com C:\MinGW sanity.ex produces the (now familiar) error. At least I know it is a matter of getting the paths correct since I now have Watcom working.

If installed to c:\MinGW, what changes to Windows are needed to get this to work?

You need to add both c:\MinGW\bin and c:\MinGW\msys\1.0\bin to the PATH env. variable. EUDIR variable must be set properly as well.

5. Re: MinGW

Insolor said...

You need to add both c:\MinGW\bin and c:\MinGW\msys\1.0\bin to the PATH env. variable. EUDIR variable must be set properly as well.

I added the second PATH entry and I can now compile. Thankyou.

TOM

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu