1. Linux position() bug remains

Jim Brown posted a patch/work around for this bug in January 2012. But two releases later, the bug has yet to be fixed.

Jim's patch code for ed.ex and search.ex can be found here: http://openeuphoria.org/forum/m/117554.wc

Is it even listed as a bug?

Regards, Ken Rhodes

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Linux position() bug remains

K_D_R said...

Jim Brown posted a patch/work around for this bug in January 2012. But two releases later, the bug has yet to be fixed.

Jim's patch code for ed.ex and search.ex can be found here: http://openeuphoria.org/forum/m/117554.wc

Is it even listed as a bug?

Regards, Ken Rhodes

I don't think it is. Could someone file a ticket for this?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Linux position() bug remains

I have patched ed.ex and search.ex using the "work around" described by J.Brown; and uploaded these demos to the mercurial SCM.

A bug ticket, #802 Linux position(), has been created.

I don't know how to create a real fix for this bug.

TOM

4. Re: Linux position() bug remains

_tom said...

I have patched ed.ex and search.ex using the "work around" described by J.Brown; and uploaded these demos to the mercurial SCM.

TOM

Thanks for adding the patch to ed.ex and search.ex.

If a real fix cannot be created, I suggest that the "bug" be described in the documentation and that Jim Brown's patch code be added as a public procedure to graphics.e. Documentation of the procedure can refer to ed.ex and search.ex as examples of when the routine is needed and called.

As far as I can, tell I am the only one who has complained about the bug in perhaps 6 years. A real fix might not be worth the developers time. If I recall correctly the bug appeared when NCURSES was dropped. I don't know if that means that the NCURSES code will provide the solution to the problem or if the bug could be in the code that is now used instead of ncurses.

Regards, Kenneth Rhodes

5. Re: Linux position() bug remains

_tom said...

TOM

I took the liberty of adding a couple of comments to bug ticket #802. Basically, I think the two patches, though functional, are slightly mis-positioned as far as code clarity. And I tried to consolidate Jim Brown's forum comments describing the two bugs as a slightly different bugs located in the same region of code - a failure to initialize screen position correctly (ed.ex) and a failure to update internal line count, screen-line, in "be_w.c"

I hope these comments will help. Kenneth Rhodes

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu