1. Eu4Qt on Linux

Has anyone tried getting Eu4Qt to compile on Linux? I grabbed a copy from google code, which said that it has not been tested on Linux yet. I'm not very familiar with Qt and wanted to see if anyone has tried before I dive in!

Thanks,
Ira

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Eu4Qt on Linux

Jerome said...

Has anyone tried getting Eu4Qt to compile on Linux? I grabbed a copy from google code, which said that it has not been tested on Linux yet. I'm not very familiar with Qt and wanted to see if anyone has tried before I dive in!

hi, yes euqt works on Linux. I entered an item in the tracker some time ago, "a few trivial changes needed to run on Linux". nokia had a dev page somewhere about building Qt on Linux.

I was able to bootup a live backtrack5 dvd, get a few missing deb dependencies installed and build Qt473. most everything was already there. I am not recommending building on a liveCD! it was a little tricky making a script to install and uninstall enough to get Qt built. a real system with apt-get or something more automatic would have been much simpler.

haven't tried anything newer. Qt tries to be binary backward compatible in the 4.x series so 4.8 or 4.6 should work ok too. just get the latest Qt4.x whatever SDK, you may be able to skip building Qt itself and just build euqt.so

I spent quite a bit of time trying to get SlitAZ mini distro working, it has Wx, Qt and other libs available so it must be possible.

need a few minor edits in euqt/src/src.pro where gcc was assuming minGW gcc options. add win32:QMAKE_CXXFLAGS *= -mwindows

one or two src.c files may be missing an include if you build with openGL or without.

the exact name and location of the libs are hardwired in one of the qt/.e files. less than 5 minutes editing all told.

some of the euqt examples and tools that use css may need larger fonts depending on your window manager.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Eu4Qt on Linux

ne1uno said...

need a few minor edits in euqt/src/src.pro where gcc was assuming minGW gcc options. add win32:QMAKE_CXXFLAGS *= -mwindows

one or two src.c files may be missing an include if you build with openGL or without.

Thanks for the heads up! I'm on Ubuntu and was able to easily get Qt installed. I then made the suggested changes and installed some missing library dependencies but now I'm stuck with this:

../../src/releasesrc/libeuqt.so: undefined reference to `prvTidyinitFileSource' 

../../src/releasesrc/libeuqt.so: undefined reference to `prvTidyfreeFileSource' 

The only mention of this is in euqt.dll, and I'm not sure what library/include is missing!

Thanks,
Ira

4. Re: Eu4Qt on Linux

Jerome said...

Thanks for the heads up! I'm on Ubuntu and was able to easily get Qt installed. I then made the suggested changes and installed some missing library dependencies but now I'm stuck with this:

The only mention of this is in euqt.dll, and I'm not sure what library/include is missing!

I don't recognize that either. Try running ldd on your shared library, and look for anything that isn't getting resolved. That should at least let you know which library you're missing, and a little searching should turn up the package that you need to install.

Matt

5. Re: Eu4Qt on Linux

Jerome said...

now I'm stuck with this:

Thanks,
Ira

Looks like a project called HTML Tidy:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_name=tidy-cvs&max_rows=25&style=nested&viewmonth=200609

http://geoffair.net/tidy/tidy_04.htm

http://www.opensource.apple.com/source/tidy/tidy-15.3/tidy/src/forward.h

I've never seen or heard of it before, and I have no idea what relation it would have to the Qt library...

6. Re: Eu4Qt on Linux

jimcbrown said...

I've never seen or heard of it before, and I have no idea what relation it would have to the Qt library...

Ah...looks like it's Ubuntu package...tidy. smile

Matt

7. Re: Eu4Qt on Linux

Jerome said...
ne1uno said...

Thanks,
Ira

the source for Tidy is in the src dir and gets built with euqt. I don't think there is any part of euqt that uses Tidy, though a few of the tool examples do.

you can probably remove/comment out Tidy in src.pro and remove the link to QtScintilla if you don't have that depending on what other dev packages you have it may already be installed.

8. Re: Eu4Qt on Linux

mattlewis said...
jimcbrown said...

Ah...looks like it's Ubuntu package...tidy. smile

Good find! So on Ubuntu I did:

sudo apt-get install libtidy-0.99-0  
nm -D /usr/lib/libtidy.so | grep 'prvTidyinitFileSource' 
  -> 000000000003bc30 T prvTidyinitFileSource 
nm -D /usr/lib/libtidy.so | grep 'prvTidyfreeFileSource' 
  -> 000000000003bbf0 T prvTidyfreeFileSource 
ne1uno said...

the source for Tidy is in the src dir and gets built with euqt. I don't think there is any part of euqt that uses Tidy, though a few of the tool examples do.

Ok, thanks! I'll keep this in mind for the future! Eu4Qt builds now and the demos seem to be working!

Thanks,
Ira

9. Re: Eu4Qt on Linux

Jerome said...

So did I, but yet I'm stuck.

Jerome said...

Ok, thanks! I'll keep this in mind for the future! Eu4Qt builds now and the demos seem to be working!

How did you get it built? I can easily install missing QT packages with apt-get, but to compile sources I'm used to the classical .configure;make;make install sequence which is missing here.

I understand that existence of a .pro file seems to make evidence for a lot of people who know what to do with it, but I don't. What am I supposed to do to build this library with that edited .pro file on Linux?

Regards

Jean-Marc

10. Re: Eu4Qt on Linux

Googling helped a little. QT Creator is needed to build the library using the .pro file.

libqt4-*:i386 libraries are needed because as of today, QT 5 is default on Linux Mint 17 (Qiana).

I wonder if there is one 64 bits GUI usable with OpenEuphoria today. EuGTK seems to be 64 bits friendly but I find GTK complicated in comparison with QT. I'd like to have a tool as Eucom's typelib browser on Windows to help building QT5 64 bits wrapper.

Regards

Jean-Marc

11. Re: Eu4Qt on Linux

jmduro said...
Jerome said...

So did I, but yet I'm stuck.

Jerome said...

How did you get it built? I can easily install missing QT packages with apt-get, but to compile sources I'm used to the classical .configure;make;make install sequence which is missing here.

I understand that existence of a .pro file seems to make evidence for a lot of people who know what to do with it, but I don't. What am I supposed to do to build this library with that edited .pro file on Linux?

Regards

Jean-Marc

it's in the doc somewhere and forget about Tidy, it's already included in the src dir, QTcreator might work, I have never tried to setup a project for it.

export QTDIR=/PATHTTO/Qt 
 export QMAKESPEC=linux-g++ 
 cd euqt 
 qmake -r  CONFIG+=debug 
 or 
 qmake -r  CONFIG+=release 

make 

I have only built once in linux with Qt4.7, there were a few missing includes and had to comment out a few defines nothing that complicated. possibly something had to be commented out in makspec/linux-g++

I think a few more changes for Qt4.8, I just updated to use 4,8 a few weeks ago but haven't created a new euqt archive. coincidentally, I just setup a Qemu VM and should be building euqt this week against Qt4.8 on linux.

I never set it up to be installed properly. euqt expects the shared lib to be accessible in the src dir. this should be easy enough to change.

I haven't built at with Qt5 at all and I expect there will be some breakage.

EDIT: didn't realize I replied to this thread, see above need a few minor edits in euqt/src/src.pro where gcc was assuming minGW gcc win32 can add linux: if the options have changed for a newer gcc

12. Re: Eu4Qt on Linux

Thank you,

I give up. Too complicated for me. I'm getting old.

Regards

Jean-Marc

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu