1. How to use eudoc and creole

I am trying to use eudoc and creole on Windows; from the 4.0.0 release.
I cannot find any output from creole.
Is there some documentation somewhere which at least gives the formats of the commands?
How do I specify where the output is supposed to go?

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: How to use eudoc and creole

The solution is to RTFM (which in Euphoria redact the fine manual.)

I have re-written the portion of the documentation of eudoc and creole. http://openeuphoria.org/wiki/view/MiniGuides.wc

Look for Euphoria documenting - eudoc, creole

Relative to this document, do you have any specific questions? I will then revise the mini-guide until it makes sense.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: How to use eudoc and creole

Thank you. I have followed the new instructions.

I have a Euphoria file with eudoc style documentation.
When I run eudoc, I get a file which looks reasonable.
When I run creole on this file I cannot find the output.
A console window appears briefly and disappears.
If there were any errors there I have no chance of seeing them, unless I can find an error file, which I also cannot find.

Arthur

4. Re: How to use eudoc and creole

ArthurCrump said...

I have followed the new instructions.

I have a Euphoria file with eudoc style documentation.
When I run eudoc, I get a file which looks reasonable.
When I run creole on this file I cannot find the output.
A console window appears briefly and disappears.
If there were any errors there I have no chance of seeing them, unless I can find an error file, which I also cannot find.

Arthur

creole doesn't produce an error file, but you can use verbose mode on creole or eudoc. command -? or the command with no parameters to see the help. as with other commandline programs, you have to sometimes start running the command yourself from a console to see the output.

creole  -A -v -f html your.txt 
the -f html is already be the default, and this should create a html file in the current directory. your.txt being the txt from eudoc.

5. Re: How to use eudoc and creole

Thank you.
I should have realised that the output would go to the current directory rather than where the source was found. That could be almost anywhere if nothing that uses the current directory has been run. I have now created a batch file which sets the current directory and then runs creole. That has worked.

Just for fun I also put <eucode> and </eucode> at the beginning and end of a short Euphoria program and ran that through creole (without eudoc). That produced an HTML file with the Euphoria code colored and formatted, although the tabs are not ideal.

Arthur

6. Re: How to use eudoc and creole

ne1uno said...

creole doesn't produce an error file, but you can use verbose mode on creole or eudoc. command -? or the command with no parameters to see the help. as with other commandline programs, you have to sometimes start running the command yourself from a console to see the output.

creole  -A -v -f html your.txt 
the -f html is already be the default, and this should create a html file in the current directory. your.txt being the txt from eudoc.

When i run creole.ex, it outputs absolutely nothing, not even if I try creole.ex -?. Some sort of error indicator would be useful. I don't even know if the program is running or silently crashing.

7. Re: How to use eudoc and creole

creole.ex seems to be crashing (as in silently dying without generating an ex.err file) at

vPublishedDate = sprintf("%s\n", {datetime:format(now_gmt(), "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M UTC")}) 

of all places! Very strange. I will have to try a different build of euphoria.

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu