1. Leaving Euphoria and Enhanced IDE

I am giving up maintance of Enhanced IDE. I have little time or energy to work on it any longer. I have started version 1.0.5 but am actually getting very little done.

Anyone interested in taking over IDE please do so as soon as possible. I can send you what I have already done for 1.0.5 and a list of outstanding user requests.

I no longer visit the Forum very often but I do read my email once or twice a week and can/will answer questions about the code or user requests.

Regards to the Euphoria Community, judith evans camping AT ccewb DOT net

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Leaving Euphoria and Enhanced IDE

Hi

That's a shame. Thankyou for all the work you have done in the past, and good luck with whatever you do in the future.

Chris

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Leaving Euphoria and Enhanced IDE

JEvans said...

I am giving up maintance of Enhanced IDE.

Judith, you've been a trooper! Your work is well appreciated by many Euphorians. Good luck in all your endeavors, and don't be a stranger! smile

4. Re: Leaving Euphoria and Enhanced IDE

I'm sad you have to leave us. Your work and enthusiasm is a lasting legacy. I have constantly been in awe of the IDE and your abilities, knowing that this has represented such a large part of your free time, willingly shared with us.

Thank you Judith.

Please drop by now and then, as we are once again approaching some interesting times with the v4 release.

5. Re: Leaving Euphoria and Enhanced IDE

I, too, am sad that you are leaving. Always willing to help, to track down a problem and patient with me when I was a newbie. Thank you, Judith. Somebody has some big shoes to fill.

6. Re: Leaving Euphoria and Enhanced IDE

All the Best to You Judith! Be Happy! Good Luck!

Regards, Igor Kachan kinz@peterlink.ru

7. Re: Leaving Euphoria and Enhanced IDE

Hi Judith,

Thanks for all of your efforts.

Old fogies like us need a break occasionally. We need to let the younger people inject some fresh ideas into our work, while we attend to much more important matters in real life, (e.g. watching TV, feeding the squirrels, having a nap once in a while etc. etc. smile)

Have no fear, in a few days I will no longer be AWOL.

The fun and games are over. sad

As you might imagine, there is a limit to any spouse's patience before you are serious danger of getting a severe "kick in the a$$". smile

But there is no problem now, thanks to that Euphoria program I wrote that optimally balanced our mutual fund portfolio. ... "Canadian GOLD mining companies" (zen on that for a while smile).

Anyway we'll make damn sure the "kiddies" take good care of your excellent and tireless efforts.

Best Regards, Robert H. Craig (speaking for my wife of over 20 years, Junko, who is currently halfway through an episode of "Midsomer Murders". (an excellent British detective series that we have on DVD) We are competing to see who can figure out "who did it". I always annoy her by guessing who did it long before the show is over, but infuriatingly I am almost always wrong in the end, while she is almost always 100% correct P.S. Don't ever think your life will be any less "stressful", just because you are stepping back a bit from Euphoria! smile

Junko and I are now in the best physical and mental health that we've been in, in many many years. It's amazing what a nap can do for your outlook on life! smile

... Good Luck from both of us!

.. heads back downstairs before Junko really does kick is ass. sad

Sincerely yours,

Rob *and* Junko

8. Re: Leaving Euphoria and Enhanced IDE

Kudos to the longtime maintainer of the win32lib IDE! Even though I have hardly used it, except as a test suite. There are not too many apps in the Archive that can compete in the open field of freeware, and IDE definitely is one of them.

I may be leaving all official Euphoria activity myself within the next months, being quite dissatisfied over the general trends that have taken over in shaping the language. What I'll eventually do will depend on how 4.0 alpha will be received overall. This is why I'm currently only a forum and dev list lurker and don't post much either place now.

Good Luck and Best Wishes for the future, Judith.

CChris

9. Re: Leaving Euphoria and Enhanced IDE

It's always sad to see great people leaving Euphoria's path, but that's life. Judith, you've done tremendous effort in the project and the results were superlative. A complete IDE is not a simple program, and you did it excellent.

All I can say is thank you and best wishes.

Guillermo BonvehĂ­ - AKA: Caballero Rojo

10. Re: Leaving Euphoria and Enhanced IDE

Judith, O Judith!

It is almost unimaginable that you are going to quit IDE. You know I would never have done one tenth of the Euphoria programming for Windows that I have without your IDE, and the enhancements you have put in - for me, dare I say? - over the years have made it such a wonderful product that it is now the benchmark by which I judge all other IDEs - and find them lacking!

You have also been a huge friend over the last what? five years? and a source of unimagineable encouragement to me. I know that pressure of work has meant I have left off most of my Euphoric work for some months, and have lost contact, which I regret greatly. I hope we can keep in touch just as friends in the future.

I want to say that I am sure there is no greater work in Euphoria by any one person than the IDE into which you have poured your time, effort, skill, knowledge and patience for so many years. Thank you so much, in front of everyone reading this thread, I say again, thank you. You are a star, my Lady, a star, and I almost weep that that star is fading.

Your greatest fan, Andy

11. Re: Leaving Euphoria and Enhanced IDE

Judith. I will miss you and your skills tremendously. I LIVE in your creation many times 8 hours a day. It has greatly simplified my life as a programmer. You will be missed.

12. Re: Leaving Euphoria and Enhanced IDE

otterdad said...

Judith. I will miss you and your skills tremendously. I LIVE in your creation many times 8 hours a day. It has greatly simplified my life as a programmer. You will be missed.

This is most distressing info.

I use IDE at all times.

I especially love you COLORED BUTTONS.

Don Cole

13. Re: Leaving Euphoria and Enhanced IDE

Judith,

I'm saddened to see that you will no longer be working on your IDE. I guess our very good fortune at having you work so hard for so long on such a wonderfully useful program had to come to an end sometime, and I hope you know how much many of us highly value the result! You did an outstanding job on it! Thank you.

I wish you well. smile

(Idea: maybe the IDE could be turned into another open source project?)

Dan

14. Re: Leaving Euphoria and Enhanced IDE

I'm very late to this news, but also want to say a huge Thank You to Judith for her responsiveness and openness when I had requests for the IDE. I've never been a windows programmer but when I was thrust into it about 10 months ago I was very relieved to find the IDE such a useful tool. I have to say that for me Euphoria wouldn't be the useful language it is without the huge efforts put in by Judith for the IDE and David Cuny et al for the win32lib.

Good luck in your 'retirement' Judith, enjoy it blink

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu